Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Disagree, but no more than that. Moot point anyhow. Feebay is never going to allow those motors to go.

Bill,

Well all the the tubes are crushed, including the Tomcat (see the obvious crease near the exhaust hole on the tube). So if you are planning to build, then the parts in the lot OK, but I only buy to collect, so nothing here excites me

I am wondering what is in that wooden case in the box ... reminds me of a lens case for telescopes... hmmm.

I would pay $35 - $45 tops for the auction, but with all the tubes crushed, it would be for parts only with an immediate need.

Jonathan
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Dazed and Confused

I only see one thing in that pile that would be worth something to me. The Centuri Evel Knieval Sky Cycle. Unfortunately, all that's inside it are some papers and an empty 1/4A4-3M box. The two bits of thermite in the corner (Sure-Shot ignitors) are most likely dry rotted by now, like mine.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Bill,

Well all the the tubes are crushed, including the Tomcat (see the obvious crease near the exhaust hole on the tube). So if you are planning to build, then the parts in the lot OK, but I only buy to collect, so nothing here excites me

I am wondering what is in that wooden case in the box ... reminds me of a lens case for telescopes... hmmm.

I would pay $35 - $45 tops for the auction, but with all the tubes crushed, it would be for parts only with an immediate need.

Jonathan

True. I just saw the Tomcat and Sky Cycle and didn't look closely enough at the detail pics. Then again, after seeing the big bucks paid for the Estes Oracle a few weeks back, this doesn't seem that far out.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
True. I just saw the Tomcat and Sky Cycle and didn't look closely enough at the detail pics. Then again, after seeing the big bucks paid for the Estes Oracle a few weeks back, this doesn't seem that far out.

Bill,

All is cool... if those had been unopened and mint, $150 for the pair would be OK

The motors just might make it though. I have seen many make it.

J
Old 02-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Bill,

All is cool... if those had been unopened and mint, $150 for the pair would be OK

The motors just might make it though. I have seen many make it.

J

It usually depends on whether the link gets posted on TRF. Certain ones over there love to tattle.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
BAR

Quote:
As a follow up:

There is no way in HELL this auction is worth $90 its current price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/big-lot-Mod...722448621 7691

or

http://tinyurl.com/8ywgvjy

J

Thought it was illegal to ship motors without a permit...

Didn't think motors were allowed to be sold on Ebay at all...

Here's another one someone can alert them to...

Later! OL JR
Old 02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
BAR

Quote:
Then again, after seeing the big bucks paid for the Estes Oracle a few weeks back, this doesn't seem that far out.

There's one born every minute...

I remember a guy posting on TRF breaking his own arm patting himself on the back because he'd just ordered an "encrypted" keychain spy cam from some spy shop web store or something... supposedly encrypted file to make it legal evidence in court for use by private investigators, law enforcement, etc... He paid over $200 for it...

He was sick as a DOG when we told him, "so what? DUDE, you got BURNED! You can get those all day long from Hong Kong on FleaBay for like $10..."

OUCH!!!

Probably somebody saw that Oracle and thought "WOW!!! Coolest thing EVAH!" and bought into the line of crap the seller posted about it being "collectible" and "OOP" (without thinking maybe it was FOR A GOOD REASON!) and shelled out big bucks for a dud stud...

Later! OL JR
Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
It usually depends on whether the link gets posted on TRF. Certain ones over there love to tattle.

Ya know, far be it from me to contradict, because I'm a TRUE BELIEVER in MYODB... (mind yer own d@#n business) but thing is, allowing a bunch of jerks on Fleabay to ship motors nilly willy without the proper precautions is just asking for trouble for ALL of us... trouble WE DON'T NEED!

Some jackwagon tosses a box full of old motors (goodness only knows how they were stored!) into a box and ships them illegally (airmail or however) and goodness forbid something BAD happen (or even enough "just finding 'em via security scans"), and BAM! we'll have regulators coming down on us from h3ll to breakfast...

When folks have a boot on your neck, it's unwise to give them a reason to stomp down...

Just sayin'... these jackwagons KNOW they're NOT supposed to sell motors on Fleabay; if they don't it's because they were too stupid or lazy or both to read the rules... and they should DARN SURE know that it's illegal to mail them anywhere without the permits and placards...

If we can't police ourselves (and those using our hobby stuff for a quick buck) then SOMEONE WILL DO IT FOR US, and WE PROBABLY WON'T LIKE HOW THEY DO IT!

Just saying! OL JR
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Ya know, far be it from me to contradict, because I'm a TRUE BELIEVER in MYODB... (mind yer own d@#n business) but thing is, allowing a bunch of jerks on Fleabay to ship motors nilly willy without the proper precautions is just asking for trouble for ALL of us... trouble WE DON'T NEED!

Some jackwagon tosses a box full of old motors (goodness only knows how they were stored!) into a box and ships them illegally (airmail or however) and goodness forbid something BAD happen (or even enough "just finding 'em via security scans"), and BAM! we'll have regulators coming down on us from h3ll to breakfast...

When folks have a boot on your neck, it's unwise to give them a reason to stomp down...

Just sayin'... these jackwagons KNOW they're NOT supposed to sell motors on Fleabay; if they don't it's because they were too stupid or lazy or both to read the rules... and they should DARN SURE know that it's illegal to mail them anywhere without the permits and placards...

If we can't police ourselves (and those using our hobby stuff for a quick buck) then SOMEONE WILL DO IT FOR US, and WE PROBABLY WON'T LIKE HOW THEY DO IT!

Just saying! OL JR

They tattle on the "local pickup only" auctions too. Your team must have lost tonight....you're getting worked up.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Thought it was illegal to ship motors without a permit...

Didn't think motors were allowed to be sold on Ebay at all...

Here's another one someone can alert them to...

Later! OL JR

Dude,

I order from hobby shops all the friggin time that are shipping me F,G, and H motors with NO, repeat NO hazmat applied! Shipping just $5 and change for 5 G's I got from one hobby shop just recently

Now how much ammunition and BP is shipped without any labels? Hmmm?

J

P.s. I love the old ads where you could buy a Browning Automatic Riffle through the mail! God I would love to own a B.A.R.! Yes I have been drinking but I am NOT driving ... well at least not a car