Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Old BAR

He's out there somewhere....
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
But GH will be sooo disappointed!

Don't worry... I'll post some stuff about Hee Haw and send him off into a rant about that...

LOL Later! OL JR
Old 02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Don't worry... I'll post some stuff about Hee Haw and send him off into a rant about that...

LOL Later! OL JR

Read post #17 of this thread.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker

LOL Later! OL JR

Send him off with a reference to the 'Jimmy Carter Interview' issue of Playboy (fall of '76 sometime....leading into the election that year) to see the pictorial layout of Misty Rowe, one of the Hee Haw Honies at the time. My dad had picked up that issue at the time (for said Carter article of course...we were Georgia natives) and I 'managed' to seak a peak at this issue during an unguarded moment.

There were several notable 'items' in the issue, but Misty's section was certainly a highlight. I was/am a Roy Clark guitar fan and we watched the show with some regularity at the time, but I had a 'renewed interest' in the show after seeing a more personal side of Miss Rowe. Wow......

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Send him off with a reference to the 'Jimmy Carter Interview' issue of Playboy (fall of '76 sometime....leading into the election that year) to see the pictorial layout of Misty Rowe, one of the Hee Haw Honies at the time. My dad had picked up that issue at the time (for said Carter article of course...we were Georgia natives) and I 'managed' to seak a peak at this issue during an unguarded moment.

There were several notable 'items' in the issue, but Misty's section was certainly a highlight. I was/am a Roy Clark guitar fan and we watched the show with some regularity at the time, but I had a 'renewed interest' in the show after seeing a more personal side of Miss Rowe. Wow......

Earl

They DEFINITELY had some hotties on that show! Good music too... back when country music was country music, and not suburban pop like it is now...

Later! OL JR
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The B14 issue will ALWAYS perpetually be revived until someone actually LISTENS to what customers want without blathering back about some mamby-pamby safety CRAPOLA that can be countered in numerous ways. I WANT MY F'N B14's without ANY BS excuses !

Modern Country MuSICK is bad enough NOW, let alone that old-school screech-owl really twangy CRAP that it used to be. THAT guff could be rightfully classified as noise pollution !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Master Modeler

How quickly you forget your own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The B14 issue will ALWAYS perpetually be revived until someone actually LISTENS to what customers want without blathering back about some mamby-pamby safety CRAPOLA that can be countered in numerous ways. I WANT MY F'N B14's without ANY BS excuses !

Modern Country MuSICK is bad enough NOW, let alone that old-school screech-owl really twangy CRAP that it used to be. THAT guff could be rightfully classified as noise pollution !
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Why are the C11 motors 24mm when they are the same total impulse as 'standard' C motos?

One would think they would only be larger to contain more propellant, but I assume they contain no more propellant than standard C motos since they are the same total impulse.

Possibly due to nozzle geometries that could not be properly implemented in the 18mm case size? Not sure....

Can someone help explain the reasoning behind the casing size used?

Thanks,

Earl

It's half a D12 grain and can use the same tooling.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
It's half a D12 grain and can use the same tooling.

Different nozzle size and differnt (small) centerbore between D12 and C11. C11 is closer to E9 in nozzle size (same black plugs).

D12 and E12 will most likely have the same white plugs and the same centerbore.

The size of the centerbore (diameter and depth) and the diameter of the propellent grain affect the peak thrust and the sustaining thrust. Visualize the flame front as it grows and progresses. it starts out at the little dimple of the bore and it grows into a dome. The larger the dome, the higher the peak thrust. if the nozzle is too tiny, the pressure gets way to great and problems can occur (Estes E15. Estes D13 and the D13 had a HUGE nozzle, but it had a big centerbore). Once the dome hits the casing wall, the sustaining thrust is determined by the shape of the slightly domed burning surface which continues to burn from the back to the front like a cigarette.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Any comments PO has to any of my postings will be responded by me with a well deserved "STFU"

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !