Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Deer poop for Scott.

No poos were harmed in the making of this flight report.

Hahahahahaha.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 11-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Master Modeler

Glad to see you have the Drifter flying again. A great looking design—even with the faded paint. Nice launch thread.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Master Modeler

Well, maybe the Bungles had an early lose, but I was looking at similar conditions for flying with the Browns having a 4:30 Kickoff. I am glad I deferred to the game and still can enjoy your launch reports. I can only say (about the Browns) that I think they have finally found the secret to winning (sit Weeden down except in emergency. which BTW I am wondering why the Browns didn't try out their new third string QB instead of Weeden Wobbles and then falls down when Campbell got shaken up). Anyways, this way I can enjoy your launch reports and the game at the same time.

Thanks Bill.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
Well, maybe the Bungles had an early lose, but I was looking at similar conditions for flying with the Browns having a 4:30 Kickoff. I am glad I deferred to the game and still can enjoy your launch reports. I can only say (about the Browns) that I think they have finally found the secret to winning (sit Weeden down except in emergency. which BTW I am wondering why the Browns didn't try out their new third string QB instead of Weeden Wobbles and then falls down when Campbell got shaken up). Anyways, this way I can enjoy your launch reports and the game at the same time.

Thanks Bill.
I know nothing about sports, but your mentioning the (Cleveland?) Browns (the only Cleveland I'm familiar with is in Georgia) brings a recent national news story to mind, and I'm curious about how it turned out. A Browns fan put a strange request in his will; he asked that the pallbearers at his funeral be six Browns players, so that the Browns could (in his words) "Let me down one last time" (I'm guessing that his statement referred to them losing a lot of games). Did the Browns agree to honor that request in his will?
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR

Last edited by blackshire : 11-04-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: This ol' hoss done forgot somethin'.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Master Modeler

Thumbs up

Good stuff once again. Too bad about the Skywriter, save the nosecone and clone a Maverick.

Someone once posted a comment refering to the paint scheme of the D.A.R.T. as "clown vomit". Now I can't help but think of that every time I see a D.A.R.T.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
I know nothing about sports, but your mentioning the (Cleveland?) Browns (the only Cleveland I'm familiar with is in Georgia) brings a recent national news story to mind, and I'm curious about how it turned out. A Browns fan put a strange request in his will; he asked that the pallbearers at his funeral be six Browns players, so that the Browns could (in his words) "Let me down one last time" (I'm guessing that his statement referred to them losing a lot of games). Did the Browns agree to honor that request in his will?

No, they ignored the request. It seems they felt they would be inundated with similar requests if they honored that one.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
No, [the Browns] ignored the request. It seems they felt they would be inundated with similar requests if they honored that one.
It seems to me the Browns are one of those storied franchises that almost always comes in second. In fact, the only Superbowls they ever won were after they moved to Baltimore and changed their name!

I do recall over the years them having some very good teams only to be outdone by rivals in their division. It didn't help that some of their best years were in the old AFC Central when Pittsburgh was winning 4 Superbowls in 6 seasons.

Anyway, there's always hope. The Red Sox finally shook off their 86-year jinx and now they've won 3 World Series in 10 seasons. So keep cheering for the Browns. They'll get there one of these days.

Doug

YORF member #11

Last edited by Doug Sams : 11-05-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Baltimore, not Washington
Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
Good stuff once again. Too bad about the Skywriter, save the nosecone and clone a Maverick.

Someone once posted a comment refering to the paint scheme of the D.A.R.T. as "clown vomit". Now I can't help but think of that every time I see a D.A.R.T.

In this case I wasn't too bummed about the CATO. It woke me up and the rocket was one I just built Friday night be cause all the pieces turned up. Funnily enough, I picked up a couple of Sky Writers to clone the Black Brant and Maverick. The Black Brant is done except for paint and Saturday night I printed out the fin pattern for the Maverick.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
BP Mafia

I did a post-mortem on the Sky Writer tonight, cutting from the top of the tube down to the coupler, then from the coupler to the motor mount. Everything inside is as I expected it to be, completely charred. The tube just in front of the coupler is burned away so completely that all that is left is the yellow paper covering. The sticker decal is blistered. There is a plug of Kevlar, elastic, dog barf and the engine block at this point. Everything is fused into a tight ball. The centering ring/engine block, sewing elastic and Kevlar just crumble to the touch. The only recycling being done here will be done in a landfill.
The lower section is more of the same. The motor tube is charred through 3/4 of its diameter. I found the motor hook just before I left the field on Sunday. The top of the hook was almost straightened out. At least I was able to recover everything, and the nose cone and fin can are reusable. Gotta be a bright side, eh?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
No, they ignored the request. It seems they felt they would be inundated with similar requests if they honored that one.
A wise move... :-) I'm in no position to laugh at them, as my high school football team, the Towns County Indians, lost *every* game (except one 'B team' game) during the six years I attended home and away games when I was in the school band.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR