Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Since Totally Tubular was resurrected it appears all those tubes will be available for many years to come and actually orderable too.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Master Modeler

Where is Totally Tubular sited these days? A google search turns up lots of hits for the Quest kit.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Where is Totally Tubular sited these days? A google search turns up lots of hits for the Quest kit.

Here

http://www.erockets.biz/
Old 03-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Alas, I won't be placing my last Semroc order after all. I made up an order of about $52 (mostly parts, couple of small kits) and when I went to checkout I had two options for shipping to Canada............$33 and $44. Ouch! That meant everything was just too expensive. I tried doing a larger order to average down the shipping per item and the shipping cost went higher. I remember the good old days when Semroc paid the shipping to points in the US and SUBSIDIZED shipping to Canada by an amount equivalent to what they spent on a US order (presumably of the same size). So I would pay 5 bucks for shipping and it was here by the time I logged off the computer...........

Oh, woe is me..........
Old 03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Master Modeler

Thanks Scott! I'm glad to see that TT has a distributor.

It would be really neat if Semroc could keep part of its business running in this way. Just tubes and some parts.

BMS also carries the 1.88 tube. Also, the coupler for this tube, which I will need to modify the motor mounts and the shoulder of the reducer.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Apollo Nut

I was glad to find the Totally Tubular stuff on the eRockets website last night.

Does anyone know whether SEMROC and the Totally Tubular tubes are sourced from the same manufacturer? Seems like there are only one or two manufacturers of these type tubes anyway, right?

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970

Last edited by Earl : 03-19-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Spellin' fix
Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Apollo Nut

...and, I placed my third 'final order' with SEMROC last night. Website offerings are getting down to some slim pickens at this point...

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Rockets & BP= Happy, Happy, Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Alas, I won't be placing my last Semroc order after all. I made up an order of about $52 (mostly parts, couple of small kits) and when I went to checkout I had two options for shipping to Canada............$33 and $44. Ouch! That meant everything was just too expensive. I tried doing a larger order to average down the shipping per item and the shipping cost went higher. I remember the good old days when Semroc paid the shipping to points in the US and SUBSIDIZED shipping to Canada by an amount equivalent to what they spent on a US order (presumably of the same size). So I would pay 5 bucks for shipping and it was here by the time I logged off the computer...........

Oh, woe is me..........

You may want to call them. Could be a website glitch. There shipping policies haven't changed as far as I know of. I just place about 4 or so orders with them within the past month and they all shipped free in the U.S. just like they always have. The minimum order is like 20.00.

David

NAR #96285

SoAR #503

My Low Power Rocket Fleet

Level 1 (2-22-2014) GRITS Winternationals
Level 2 TBD
Level 3 TBD
Old 03-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronot
You may want to call them. Could be a website glitch. There shipping policies haven't changed as far as I know of. I just place about 4 or so orders with them within the past month and they all shipped free in the U.S. just like they always have. The minimum order is like 20.00.

David

Good thought, David. Thanks. I doubt, though, after reading some of the posts above, whether they would have all the items I needed..........in fact, at the time of my order, I could order one of a particular item but got bounced when I tried to increase it to two.

Joe
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

I just tried to send a message using the 'Contact Us' link, but when I hit the send button I get an error message.