Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I had done likely with a pair for under $75.00 with S/H so no crying here either. If you can find them presently for under $50.00 with S/H you're doing good. This particular guy has been trying to sell this since last August at this price and has clearly gotten nowhere with it. This is NOT market price but his OWN.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Junior Rocketeer

I just got a response from the seller of the 'Centuri' display: "well honestly I can't tell. I got them from a home in Akron Ohio. I sold the damaged 10 rocket display earlier and he loved it. and the tags all are old style centuri logos. So o went with vintage build ups in fantastic condition. I hope this helps."
Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Junior Rocketeer

My response in return to this seller's answer was this: "Perhaps you need to let people actually know you have no real idea these are originals rather than implying they are in your add. The "SLS decal on the Jaguar only came on the SEMROC reproductions and is not an original Centuri addition. I'm also not sure what the meaning "pro-built" means to some people as they throw the term around loosely. The fins in some of the shots don't look like they have ANY sealer or filler on them at all and were simply painted bare balsa. I do not see that as "professional".

To which she added: "good point I'll post this to the auction." Just keeping them honest. We'll see about any addendum's she may add.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
My response in return to this seller's answer was this: "Perhaps you need to let people actually know you have no real idea these are originals rather than implying they are in your add. The "SLS decal on the Jaguar only came on the SEMROC reproductions and is not an original Centuri addition. I'm also not sure what the meaning "pro-built" means to some people as they throw the term around loosely. The fins in some of the shots don't look like they have ANY sealer or filler on them at all and were simply painted bare balsa. I do not see that as "professional".

To which she added: "good point I'll post this to the auction." Just keeping them honest. We'll see about any addendum's she may add.
I noticed I spelled "ad" wrong.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Old Submariner

......and it now has a bid.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 04-01-2017, 07:26 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

FOOLS and theit money are soon parted....

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Master Modeler

Yeah, well there are silly things listed as vintage, rare and hard to find every day on the bay. Caveat emptor for sure. As I stated in my initial post, I don't think any of that stuff is "vintage" Centuri. They're all Semroc repros (which is fine, they're being misrepresented is all) and the build quality is average at best. It may be worth $200 to someone as it is. Just not me.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Trying to pass something off as something else is false representation. Whether intentionally or not. I doubt the person who bought the last display was told this was not original Centuri either.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:01 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Here's a link to the auction..........

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=112350895306

And here's a link to another (vintage? you decide) Centuri (?) store display that the same seller sold three weeks ago...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cen...=p2047675.l2557

They're only hurting themselves if they only got $99 for that! Wonder if they're selling something they got cheap off an estate sale?
Old 04-01-2017, 11:03 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraeford
Yeah, well there are silly things listed as vintage, rare and hard to find every day on the bay. Caveat emptor for sure. As I stated in my initial post, I don't think any of that stuff is "vintage" Centuri. They're all Semroc repros (which is fine, they're being misrepresented is all) and the build quality is average at best. It may be worth $200 to someone as it is. Just not me.

After I looked at it, I got to thinking. Maybe they got these from an estate sale and they don't know any better.