Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2005, 10:32 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

[QUOTE=Carl@Semroc]About the votes... The original intention was to help us prioritize >releases based on level of interest. "Vote" is probably not the best word.

- well, hopefully it has helped you to guage interest ( and people haven't stuffed the ballot box much ) .
would be great to see some of those old classics return .

> I don't have any information on the Astro and Eagle kits except that listed. Sure would be >great if there was more information available.

too true - I had catalogs from both way back, they were 'loaned' to our club library, and when the club dried up the president kept all the items, including a large collection of catalogs,vintage kit panels,instructions,etc :-(

The Astro / Eagle kits were really rather generic hpr stuff, but of interest due to being the 'beginnning'

>Yes, Thanks for the 86 NCR catalog! Helps fill in some blanks on the "renamed kits."

no problem :-)

>The FSI tubes... The HRT-8 tubes are listed in most of their catalogs from 1974 to 1994 >as .903" I.D. and .921" O.D (.009" wall.) The ones I have are .885" I.D. and .921" O.D.
>( .018" wall) In the price list in the 1984 catalog they state it is .888" I.D. but in the body >it is still listed as .903" for ten more years. The centering rings are sometimes listed >as .875". Since there was so much conflict in the catalogs, we went with actual measured >sizes. Their 21mm engines are actually about .840" max.

hmm. I've always seen the tubing listed as the .903, never actually sat down and miced one .
I know the FSI engines are / were real loose in thier tubes, but a .875" (22mm) casing will fit prefectly into the vintage FSI tubes I have.
in fact I am running out of tubing, due to using for mounts in test rockets for our 22mm motors ( both DPS/Thunderflame, and myself (as Green Dragon) offer 22mm releoad casings for the exp composite market, also the micro hybrid I've seen on various sites is 22mm.
so, having a tube it fits would be nice - if yours are truly .885. that leaves .010 clearance, might be ok but tight, generally .015 would be ok, so might not be too bad ( will wait and see when I get the tubes I ordered :-)

>The HRT-10 tubes are almost always listed as 1.13"I.D. and 1.17"O.D. and that matches >measured dimensions, so that is the sizes we have. Although they were designed for their >27 mm engines (about 1.07" max) they do fit the Dr Rocket 29mm casings and Aerotech >consumer casing. Label on the Aerotech casing and Econojet engines make them not fit.

the 1.13 tubes will fit reload casings (and maybe old Vulcan motors) but will NOT fit Aerotech single use.
it's not always the labels, but the fact that Aerotech uses a true 29mm (not 1.125") casing, which is 1.13" as shown here : http://www.rocketmotorparts.com/

>When they finally introduced 18mm tubes, they were listed as having an I.D. of .175"
>(obviously a transposition), .715", and .718".

the FSI 18mm tubes I have are real close to ST7, not quite as thick walled as the tubes AAA offered.
I used the last four FSI tubes I had rebuilding my Mini Allegro (Ace version,as copied / sold by NCR - on your vote list, and a nice kit,too :-) , could mic those but really no need to worry about when so close to the ST7 already in stock :-)

>We will probably provide 18mm and 24mm mounts for all the FSI kits as appropriate.

that would make them more 'flyable' than the odd-sized mounts .

> It is unlikely we will ever see 21mm and 27 mm engines again from the "big guys."

:-(

* goes off in corner and cries *

>Sorry this turned into such a long post, but it should answer several questions down the >road

long is good, and answers are better :-)

thanks for not only all the good parts, but for listening / giving US feedback as well

~ AL
Old 12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Master Modeler

Estes-sized body tubes and some new balsa cones (e.g., BNC-80D) available for sale on the Semroc web site...

Hoping that the Mars Lander will appear soon
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM
The_Ripper

I noticed the BNC-55AC Secant Ogive was there as well
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The Mars Lander is there now as a "coming soon" if one knows how to look for it.
http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...s.asp?SKU=KV-54

Many K-29 Saturn 1B parts have been added, such as all the tubes.
Including the BT-3 for the escape tower spike along with the BT-3 nose & tail cone !
Unfortunately the actual Apollo Capsule, centering rings and wraps are not there yet...mebbe still some hope for X-Mas though.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 01-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Master Modeler

In an interesting turn of events, the number of kits offered by Semroc on their website has decreased by 1, down to 59. Looks like "The Boid" is no longer with us.

And yes, I check Semroc's site daily - I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 1B!
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 01-04-2006, 02:35 PM

Looks like still no BT-63 for the 1B yet though....
I'm very anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 1B, LJ II, V2, Mars Lander, and Apollo Capsule too !

Old 01-04-2006, 05:16 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
In an interesting turn of events, the number of kits offered by Semroc on their website has decreased by 1, down to 59. Looks like "The Boid" is no longer with us.

And yes, I check Semroc's site daily - I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 1B!

I can't go there every day because when I search kits that SLS Aero-Dart kit keeps teasing me for $30 ..... and when Carl kits the Hustler I'm going to need one of those too.

I doubt my $100 gift certificate will hold out for much of 2006 with so many good things scheduled for release.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 AM

I put together a clone of the Centuri Hustler just before X-Mas using all Semroc parts.
I have been waiting for that Aero Dart ever since it was added to the "coming soon" list.
I have tried to get info on this one to no avail.
I'd like to know if it is the '66-'71 version or the 1972 version, or the 1965 version.
I'm assuming it is the 66-71 version; I have already cloned the 1972 version.

I also built a Enerjet Athena clone this year and have the parts to bulid another.

Hopefully all these kits (especially the K-29 Saturn 1B clone) will come out earlier rather than later 2006.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Master Modeler

I ordered the parts for a Lil' Hustler during the big 50% off sale.

I'm a little suspicious of the 5 1/2" length given for the payload tube in the Ye Olde Rocket Plans addendum. Can anyone confirm this figure?

I plan on building the model with "through the wall" fins. The tab wouldn't amount to more than a 1/8" stub, but this would still add a lot of strength.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I put together a clone of the Centuri Hustler just before X-Mas using all Semroc parts.
I have been waiting for that Aero Dart ever since it was added to the "coming soon" list.
I have tried to get info on this one to no avail.
I'd like to know if it is the '66-'71 version or the 1972 version, or the 1965 version.
I'm assuming it is the 66-71 version; I have already cloned the 1972 version.

I also built a Enerjet Athena clone this year and have the parts to bulid another.

Hopefully all these kits (especially the K-29 Saturn 1B clone) will come out earlier rather than later 2006.

I placed a Semroc parts order just prior to Christmas and I was going to order all of the Hustler parts from the "Classic Kits" page but I'm just going to wait until Carl kits it so I'll have the laser cut through the wall fins and slotted airframe tube. I could cut them on my saw in the garage and tab them and slot the tube so just blame my delay on sheer laziness

Hard to tell what version the Semroc Aero Dart will be since no parts are listed yet and I haven't inquired about that one yet. I hope it turns out to the the 72 EnerJet version like you cloned with the Orion nose cone, that's my favorite version. From a recent email conversation I had with Carl he had informed me that the SLS line except for the SLS Laser-X has been very slow to catch on, so they moved out the Aero-Dart, Hustler, and Lil' Hustler until it picks up

As far as the Athena did you use the fin pattern from the Orion and cut four from that pattern? I've never been able to find a pattern for the EnerJet Athena. When Carl releases the K-29 Saturn 1B it will certainly make the wrap needed to clone the Athena a lot easier to get as well, although I remember Paul Graf had full sets of the 1B wraps for sale for around $15
SAM# 0052