Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Master Modeler

Default WM Sustanables pricing

The new Sustanables by Estes is currenlty an exclusive to WalMart.
There are going to be 10 kits total that will be intergrated into the WalMart selection over the coming months.

There will usually be 4 kits on the shelf at any given time with price points at:
$5.96
$6.96
$7.96
$9.96

The first 4 kits on shelf are (all standard engines)

7201 Taser Twin (2 stage balsa kit - $5.96)
7206 Star Stryker (clear payload - $6.96)
7207 Crossbow (smaller version of the Satellite Interceptor - $7.96)
7208 Richocet ($9.96)

The new kits are on shelf now (or should be very soon )The same group of kits will run at least 3-4 months before changing over to the next round of kits which are:

7202 Comet Chaser (paper tube payload)
7203 Equinox ( sort of a Navy anti-sub chaser)
7209 Space Eagle (a slightly different version of the Super Neon)
7210 Vector Force (large 28" rocket)

There are also 2 other kits coming called the 7204 Fusion X25 and 7211 Plasma Probe, but these won't be seen until later this year, probably in the fall.

Each kit features balsa nose cones/tube adapters, laser cut balsa fins and either a parchute or streamer recovery......and all are compliant with HR4040.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:05 PM
The_Ripper

I'll look for them but I hope the Wal-Mart in Hammond, LA will stock Estes. They haven't had any Estes in stock since I moved here in November but I'd like to get the 7202 Comet Chaser so I hope the new kits are coming soon to this location.

They did remodel the store over the past couple of months and rearrange the shelves and locations of almost everything in the store. I'll start checking at the Wal-Mart in Baton Rouge when I'm there as well.

Thanks for the info RD.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Master Modeler

Steve

Go to vendors, under the topic of More new products from Estes, photos are listed there.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I'll look for them but I hope the Wal-Mart in Hammond, LA will stock Estes. They haven't had any Estes in stock since I moved here in November but I'd like to get the 7202 Comet Chaser so I hope the new kits are coming soon to this location.

They did remodel the store over the past couple of months and rearrange the shelves and locations of almost everything in the store. I'll start checking at the Wal-Mart in Baton Rouge when I'm there as well.

Thanks for the info RD.

Steve, back when I lived in Natchitoches in the early 1980's, I use to drive down to Baton
Rouge to fly model rockets with some friends (we flew at what was called Independence
Park), the nearby Cortana Mall had a SUPERB hobby shop that had tons of stuff from Estes,
Centuri and other famous vendors of those days. I made many of my (soon to be OOP)
purchases there. Not sure if that hobby shop is still there.......
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
The new Sustanables by Estes is currenlty an exclusive to WalMart.
There are going to be 10 kits total that will be intergrated into the WalMart selection over the coming months.

There will usually be 4 kits on the shelf at any given time with price points at:
$5.96
$6.96
$7.96
$9.96

The first 4 kits on shelf are (all standard engines)

7201 Taser Twin (2 stage balsa kit - $5.96)
7206 Star Stryker (clear payload - $6.96)
7207 Crossbow (smaller version of the Satellite Interceptor - $7.96)
7208 Richocet ($9.96)

The new kits are on shelf now (or should be very soon )The same group of kits will run at least 3-4 months before changing over to the next round of kits which are:

7202 Comet Chaser (paper tube payload)
7203 Equinox ( sort of a Navy anti-sub chaser)
7209 Space Eagle (a slightly different version of the Super Neon)
7210 Vector Force (large 28" rocket)

There are also 2 other kits coming called the 7204 Fusion X25 and 7211 Plasma Probe, but these won't be seen until later this year, probably in the fall.

Each kit features balsa nose cones/tube adapters, laser cut balsa fins and either a parchute or streamer recovery......and all are compliant with HR4040.
Ken,

Where are you getting this stuff? This is great stuff. I can not find it anywhere else on the net. Even Alice did not know about this!

Are you a spokesman for Estes-Cox again or are they just using you to leak information? I assume they want this information to become public. Barry would have probably used Scott to get the word out, so this must have come from someone else inside Estes-Cox or Wal-Mart.

I know. Are you Doctor-X? I have noticed Rocket Doctor and Doctor-X are never online at the same time. I had thought Doctor-X was Mike Dorffler when he signed up back in August, but from his recent posts, that does not make sense anymore. Like you, Doctor-X does seem to know a lot about the inner workings of Estes-Cox, but if he is employed by them, he would have disclosed that unless he did not want his management team (or Barry) to know. Maybe he is on double-secret probation.

Rocket Doctor - Doctor-X. Hmmm..... I love puzzles. Is there another Doctor in the house?
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Master Modeler

Disciples, Carl.

Estes=God
Barry=Jesus(course one could argue Vern is-such is religion)
Doctors=Diciples

Spread the word.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
7/21/61

Just thought I'd repost Buzz's images here so folks don't have to go hunting.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

What does "one step" away from "Made in the USA" production mean? Is this a marketing term or a legal term? I have not seen it used before this flyer.

It could mean it was made in Canada or Mexico since they are one step away. Or it could mean everything except one of the production steps was done in the USA.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
7/21/61

I have to say I'm really impressed at the kinds of kits that are going into Walmart. I thought the retraction in product we've seen there over the last year was a harbinger of bad things to come. But I'm ecstatic to see I was wrong.

These are great kits, at an amazingly low price. A kit that a kid can really build which retails for $5.96 available in every nook and cranny of the country??? Kudos to Estes. This is superb.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Ken,

Where are you getting this stuff? This is great stuff. I can not find it anywhere else on the net. Even Alice did not know about this!

Are you a spokesman for Estes-Cox again or are they just using you to leak information? I assume they want this information to become public. Barry would have probably used Scott to get the word out, so this must have come from someone else inside Estes-Cox or Wal-Mart.

I know. Are you Doctor-X? I have noticed Rocket Doctor and Doctor-X are never online at the same time. I had thought Doctor-X was Mike Dorffler when he signed up back in August, but from his recent posts, that does not make sense anymore. Like you, Doctor-X does seem to know a lot about the inner workings of Estes-Cox, but if he is employed by them, he would have disclosed that unless he did not want his management team (or Barry) to know. Maybe he is on double-secret probation.

Rocket Doctor - Doctor-X. Hmmm..... I love puzzles. Is there another Doctor in the house?

Carl

I am NOT an employee of Estes, or a contract employee. I was aked by their marketing manager to post this information.

I didn't post the original information as Gus has posted, so, I didn't have an exclusive here.

Rocket Doctor and Doctor X are two different individuals, you did a search of the members and found out where Doctor X lives, I certainly don't live in Colorado and have no desire to.

The original "Rocket Doctor"