Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 PM
BP Mafia

Default Red River Rocketry

Looks like the dust from the Lander builds is going to be pretty thick for a while, so instead of breaking out mine and adding to the chaos, I decided to start on one of the other kits I picked up at Narcon, the Red River Rocketry Starliner DST. It's a sharp looking little kit that uses a cool mix of tail cone/transition and fins. Pretty unique looking, and it looks like it will be a pretty quick build.
(BTW, the pic is from the RRR website. Just thought you'd like to see the kit.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  rrr-starlinerdst.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  8.8 KB  

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Looks like the dust from the Lander builds is going to be pretty thick for a while, so instead of breaking out mine and adding to the chaos, I decided to start on one of the other kits I picked up at Narcon, the Red River Rocketry Starliner DST. It's a sharp looking little kit that uses a cool mix of tail cone/transition and fins. Pretty unique looking, and it looks like it will be a pretty quick build.

For whatever reason, that kit really caught my attention at narcon also. Nice fellow that runs RRR, had a good chat with him. Too bad I had already blown my budget by that time... I look forward to hearing how the build & launch goes.

-Paul
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
For whatever reason, that kit really caught my attention at narcon also. Nice fellow that runs RRR, had a good chat with him. Too bad I had already blown my budget by that time... I look forward to hearing how the build & launch goes.

-Paul

Yes, you're talking about John Dyer. John and Scott Hunsicker, when they were a team back
in the early 1970's, once held the US (and world, if I'm not mistaken) Parachute Duration Record (not sure what class, but I think it was an A or B motor). I met John at the Tex Regional in McGregor, TX last June, having not seen him since the late 1970's. It was really
great to see him again.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Red River Rocketry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Yes, you're talking about John Dyer. John and Scott Hunsicker, when they were a team back
in the early 1970's, once held the US (and world, if I'm not mistaken) Parachute Duration Record (not sure what class, but I think it was an A or B motor). I met John at the Tex Regional in McGregor, TX last June, having not seen him since the late 1970's. It was really
great to see him again.

It was great seeing you again too!

Yep... Scott and I had to beat Carl Feldhaus's 1 minute B engine Parachute flight. We definately succeeded - total flight time was 39 minutes 32.5 seconds. The funny thing is Scott and I followed what we thought was the model out of the field - it landed in a nearby park. When we got close enough we relised it was a bird that had crossed under our model while we were tracking it. We got back to the field just in time to see the model touch down about 100 yards from the pad - it never left the field.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK

-Paul

Hey Paul!
Thanks for the kind words. I understand blowing budgets. Will you be at NSL or NARAM?

John
Old 03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dyer
The funny thing is Scott and I followed what we thought was the model out of the field - it landed in a nearby park. When we got close enough we relised it was a bird that had crossed under our model while we were tracking it. We got back to the field just in time to see the model touch down about 100 yards from the pad - it never left the field.
Must be a DARS thing. I still get chided for diligently tracking Dave Schaefer's ARV Condor glider all the way to the ground between two cars and returning with a handful of wadding

Doug
Old 03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Must be a DARS thing. I still get chided for diligently tracking Dave Schaefer's ARV Condor glider all the way to the ground between two cars and returning with a handful of wadding

Doug

Actually, the only ones that picked on us was us... Everyone had a good laugh. Anyone who hasn't tracked a vapor model raise their hands

John
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum

Let me know how the build goes. I have a question - how do you post fotos here? Can ya tell I'm just a newbie to this forum???

John
---
John Dyer
www.redriverrocketry.com
Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dyer
I have a question - how do you post fotos here? Can ya tell I'm just a newbie to this forum???

John
---
John Dyer
www.redriverrocketry.com

I haven't been able to figure that out, either. I just put in the links to alternate websites of
a pic(s) I wish to show. So, don't feel bad, John. I've been on this server for a little while!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:47 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
I haven't been able to figure that out, either. I just put in the links to alternate websites of
a pic(s) I wish to show. So, don't feel bad, John. I've been on this server for a little while!

(This thread is beginning to sound like that new song by the Grasscals -- "Me and John and Paul...")

Hello, John...

At the bottom of the message editor screen there is a button which says "Manage Attachments". Click this button, and you are given another screen with ten upload buttons. You can attach up to ten files to any one message.

The images are then placed as thumbnails at the bottom of the message, and these become links to the full-size image.

Welcome to the forum!

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635