Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo666
I'm a moderator on a car forum and I would of just let that comment go.
btw in before the lock for ranting

Moderator for a car forum.....

So you are a restrictor plate?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Technohippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
I gave up on that place after posting something along the lines of "Someone really needs to buy those rockets, drive them out to Black Rock and fly them at Balls" to this thread
http://www.rocketryforumarchive.com...ead.php?t=49422 and having it pulled while other, more explicit comments were allowed to remain.

It just quit being fun over there.

Bill

Meanwhile, there is one member over there who has the "pud-knocker" line from The Right Stuff quoted IN HIS SIGNATURE in every post he makes. But strangely, no reaction from the usually priggish TRF mod-squad.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Guess what ?
I was just BANNED for a week by the WEENIE HACK moderators over on TRF.

In their "Watering Hole" section in a posting I basically stated that "The only thing funnier than smashing pumpkins was mailbox basebawl"

Reason for ban: "Advocating a federal crime"
My answer to that is Boo-F'n-Hoo and anybody with half a brain knows what the "F" stands for.
They obviously have ZERO sense of humor over there if they took the comment seriously.
I don't know why I even bother with that site anyway as their level of BS over-moderation by their GESTAPO-like moderators is a joke.

If any of their hack moderators notices this posting here, let me take the time to tell any and all of them they can kiss my gluteus maximus !

I have to admit, I don't spend near as much time there as I used to, but it's been a better place since they added a MMX section. (it was like throwing a steak to a guard dog to divert his attention).

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to ban someone as sweet and innocent as you! You coohabitate so well, are unopinionated, always positive, and never try to stir feces. They have some nerve!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Some place far,far.away.

Default OK Ill bring it over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I refuse to vote as NONE of the choices are the CORRECT one.
The correct one should read: "This whole 2012 impending doom is a huge load of Guff/Bunk/Baloney/Excrement/Nonsense/Hooey/Hawgwash"

Freedom of choice, thats cool. The thing is ,IF and I say IF the world does end ,Whos gona be around to say "I told you it wasnt a huge load of Guff/Bunk/Baloney/Excrement/Nonsense/Hooey/Hawgwash So, that reply is a win,win for you GHrocketman, you cannt lose on that one.However, If we are still here after 2012, I can say with the ut most confidence that you will be there on the soap box letting the world know HOW WRONG THEY WERE while driving around in your BIG ASS,GAS HOG ,oil leaking,smoking CAR,throwing cigs,beer cans,candy wrappers out the window. Doing 65 mph in a 35 mph zone flipping off the one "Barney" hick cop you have up there in the sticks while singing "This land is my land,this land is my land and the hell with the rest of ya all.
NAR 90998 "Thought in the mind hath made us.What we are-By thought was wrought and built.If a man's mind-Hath evil thoughts,pain comes on him as comes-The wheel the ox behind...-...If one endure-In purity of thought, joy follows him-As his shadow--sure" Scotty Dog
I been waiting for a reply to this and now I know why it has taken so long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  thumbnailCANB68Y6.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  4.9 KB  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Rides the short bus to work.

Send a message via AIM to evo666 Send a message via MSN to evo666

How about a warning before a ban? Seems like they're quick to pull the trigger. Maybe the mod was having a bad day and wanted to release some power. I see this happen all the time.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo666
How about a warning before a ban? Seems like they're quick to pull the trigger. Maybe the mod was having a bad day and wanted to release some power. I see this happen all the time.

He was given an 'infraction'..He had 2 previously, which gave him 3 which equals a temporary ban..From the Rules and Guidelines:
Quote:
Any user with three infractions on their record will be banned from the forum for a period of time.

You can read all of it here
SAM #0396
BAR 02/07
NAR 86940
KF4GUL
Aim high, fly straight!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjon
He was given an 'infraction'..He had 2 previously, which gave him 3 which equals a temporary ban
Those previous infractions must have slipped his mind...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Master Modeler

TRF is a JOKE!

If the rules were to be applied equally to all, then that would be one thing. They are not. Those in the "inside clique" can say anything they want and it gets a pass. The mods are megalomaniacs that suck the joy out of this great pastime. It will not change, so why bother even going there?

No offense, but if you even go back there after your temporary ban is over, you are a sucker. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Then again, if you are the sort of person that enjoys being reprimanded for being a bad boy, while the teachers pets get away with the same thing on a regular basis, maybe TRF is the right place for you.

BTW, I was never banned. I just got sick of seeing the unequal treatment of others there. I bailed and will never log on again. Best decision I ever made.

I'd take the uncensored zaniness over at N3 WAY before the stuck up schoolmarms over at TRF. Then again, YORF is just right, so why look elsewhere?

"Those who trade liberty for security have neither" - Benjamin Franklin

"Semroc is almost always the answer" - Stefanj

www.paulsavia.com

www.soundclick.com/paulsavia
Old 11-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

TRF and to some degree all the rocket websites are "vanity press". They are there to stroke the ego of the owner or moderator, not to seek some end all of mass consumer awareness and conversion to rocket sales for all vendors alike.

Now my own experience with a vanity press exercise in California Rocketry magazine and watching several others before and since reinforces my long observations and experience my claims are the case.

However I also performed another test. A regional launch where all comers were welcome, cash in hand or not, free to fly whatever they wish and to buy motors of a wider range than they had ever seen. This practice triggered the formation of about 10 distinct motor manufacturers, about 12 kit manufacturers, and 4 clubs. There was almost no focus on publishing the results, or magazines able to adequately show the variety and depth of activities and people at the events, which went on for 8 years, 3-4 times a year.

The test showed the final answer. Local motion.

Jerry
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Junior Rocketeer

None of my business but im a little surprised to see that smashing mailboxes and harmless animals with baseball bats is considered fun.
I moved to the US from the UK in 2007 and yeah it cost me everything i had to settle here , i along with other neighbors got the mailboxes smashed one night.
I didnt see the humor in shelling out $200 for a new one .I don't see whats fun about mindless vandelism.