Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Bill had that funny three-legged walk.

"Tripod" Eichelberger

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 05-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Old School Rocketeer

Speaking of WWII aircraft, anyone else catch the "Secret Aircraft of WWII" series that the History Channel ran last Thursday? They ran a four hour block of the sometimes-secret and often never produced aircraft from each of the major powers (US, Germany, Japan, Russia).

There were quite a few wild-ass designs that just screamed out to me to be turned into rockets. Now if I could just remember all of the **** names of the things!

On a side note, the History Channel is a truly scary thing. I can literally be channel surfing and something will catch my eye on there, and I'll sit down to watch a few mintues. Next thing I know, three or more hours have gone by and I don't even realize it.

Later,
EV
Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Knuckle Draggin' Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Speaking of WWII aircraft, anyone else catch the "Secret Aircraft of WWII" series that the History Channel ran last Thursday? They ran a four hour block of the sometimes-secret and often never produced aircraft from each of the major powers (US, Germany, Japan, Russia).

There were quite a few wild-ass designs that just screamed out to me to be turned into rockets. Now if I could just remember all of the **** names of the things!

It was a really good show, and was a compilation of at least four separate shows on secret aircraft of hte USA, Germany, Japan, and the USSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
On a side note, the History Channel is a truly scary thing. I can literally be channel surfing and something will catch my eye on there, and I'll sit down to watch a few mintues. Next thing I know, three or more hours have gone by and I don't even realize it.

Later,
EV

****, ain't that the truth. Just as insidious are the Military Channel and History International.

Joe W
Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Out To Launch

Default I'm Baaaaack!

Speaking of WWII aircraft...

The main reason for my absence from this forum has been devotion of my time to my other hobby of flying R/C aircraft. (A bit more of a learning curve there than rocketry. ) I have about two years experience with electrics and a glow powered high wing trainer, but last fall I got hold of a Hangar 9 P-51 PTS Mustang. This is a .40 size engine trainer believe it or not. It has various slow-down and lift/stability enhancing features that can be removed one by one until you have a fully aerobatic sport scale bird. I've been flying R/C at every opportunity lately so my skills will be up to this plane's awsome potential.

I still have a few rocket builds that I intend to get started on. I fly at an informal field, so my rockets are also welcome there - though they haven't really created much excitement with the other RC guys unless they've crashed.
Established 1938
lladd.netau.net