Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Master Modeler

The pack of 1/4 A's I won from CAP99 made it through.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6060842
The pack of 1/4 A's I won from CAP99 made it through.

Did you get his real name?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
MOTORVERKENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
I had my father drive me over there (too young to drive) thinking it was a rocket company. It was a house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
If it's who I think it is, then it is a very nice guy who has been active in Model Rocketry for a long time. As a matter of fact, he was very, very active in "MODEL ROCKETRY" as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Red Max
Don't tell me, him again?!
So Shreadvector, is it that same guy again from the earlier post?
Don't leave us hanging.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Red Max
So Shreadvector, is it that same guy again from the earlier post?
Don't leave us hanging.

Same person putting up things for auction from Garden City NY.

If it's George Flynn, then he's using a fake name on PayPal according to someone else who won an auction. Or maybe it's a person with that name and I've never heard of them. Or maybe it's his attorney or PayPal/eBay broker.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Apollo Nut

Default Dorffler Brown Motor Pulled By Ebay

Ebay pulled this one too sometime today.

The name I have associated with 'CAP99' is a Frank Caponegro. I don't know him from any other past associations or any name I recall from 'back in the day'. Others may know though.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Ebay pulled this one too sometime today.

The name I have associated with 'CAP99' is a Frank Caponegro. I don't know him from any other past associations or any name I recall from 'back in the day'. Others may know though.

Earl

Carl,

Frank Caponegro III

He was pissed that people on here were criticizing his Enerjet Kit+Motor ... too bad

Don't know why people were saying the things about him earlier in this thread ... he is good seller and never involved with Model Rocketry magazine nor in one ... I don't know .. its getting to the point where I no longer believe ANYTHING I read or see anymore ... its like one big 'Matrix Lie'.

Jonathan
Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Carl,

Frank Caponegro III

He was pissed that people on here were criticizing his Enerjet Kit+Motor ... too bad

Don't know why people were saying the things about him earlier in this thread ... he is good seller and never involved with Model Rocketry magazine nor in one ... I don't know .. its getting to the point where I no longer believe ANYTHING I read or see anymore ... its like one big 'Matrix Lie'.

Jonathan

Jonathan-

Just to clarify, EBAY pulled the Brown/Dorffler motor, not the lister (Frank).

As to him personally, I was never really able to figure out if those couple of posters to this thread liked him, disliked him, or had no opinion. I think Fred Schecter said he was a "nice guy", but I'm not really sure Fred really knew it was this Frank guy (I kinda had the impression that Fred thought it was George Flynn...).

So, I don't really know who he is. I've bought several of his eBay items over the past 4-5 years with no issues at all, and he has always been good to communicate with. I've had no reason to doubt his word in the past.

It would be good if those who THOUGHT this CAP99 person was actually someone else to weigh back in to this thread and set the record clear as to whether this is the person they thought it was or not. I hate think we've cast any mis-directed aspersions towards someone undeserving of them.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Dazed and Confused!

I have also purchased from cap99 in the past. Always a good experience!

Tom C.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

He was not being criticized.

His listing was not being criticized.

His listing was being scrutinized from the statements and photos that varied from historical experience. That's it.

I for one actually literally said I did not discourage anyone from bidding, for example.

Jerry
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
He was not being criticized.

His listing was not being criticized.

His listing was being scrutinized from the statements and photos that varied from historical experience. That's it.

I for one actually literally said I did not discourage anyone from bidding, for example.

Jerry

Jerry-

Your comments were fine. I, too, as originator of this thread, was (1) informing this forum of the listing and (2) looking for some feedback/thoughts on the contents of the listing itself.

Having had no prior experience with the 1340 kit (but being a ready collector of such if the opportunity presented itself), I was interested to see what others with greater experience with the Enerjet line (e.g., people like yourself, Jerry) had to say about the listing. I thought from the get-go the 'motor in the bag' a bit 'different', but I was open to what others might have to say about that before I bid on the item.

No, in particular Fred Shector 'seemed' to indicate he knew who this person was, but I could not tell from Fred's comments whether he gave the person an overall thumbs up or thumbs down. Additionally, I had the impression that Fred thought this lister was George Flynn, which, at least by name, it is not. It is Frank Caponero.

So, if Fred's comments (for good or bad) were referenced on 'CAPP99' being George Flynn, then I was hoping that Fred would chime back in and say something along the lines of "Oops, no, CAPP99 is NOT who I thought it was".

That's basically all I was pointing out. Like I said, I don't know Frank personally at all, other than having purchased some of his ebay items in the past with no problems.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions