Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

I'd prefer it if John Boren would just have new molds made and Estes re-released it.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMRS
$9.71 a kit including shipping. Three MR's for the the price of one, that is truly a horrible deal.
I might consider it a good deal if I could be confident everything was there. But the seller explicitly made the disclaimer that he couldn't vouch for the contents, that there could be missing parts. At that point, he's free to ship little more than almost empty kit bags. I'm sure that wasn't the case, but the lack of a warranty dramatically altered the value point for me.

While I'd like to have had the Redstones, if the capsules were missing, I'd'a been PO'd.

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
You just reminded me of something. I have several of those resin cast Pershing NC/Fins sets from alienware I think was there name. I keep meaning to see if someone can cast more of those.

I also would like another Pershing to fly.

Keep an eye on the vendor's section.

I have something in the works.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
I might consider it a good deal if I could be confident everything was there. But the seller explicitly made the disclaimer that he couldn't vouch for the contents, that there could be missing parts. At that point, he's free to ship little more than almost empty kit bags. I'm sure that wasn't the case, but the lack of a warranty dramatically altered the value point for me.

While I'd like to have had the Redstones, if the capsules were missing, I'd'a been PO'd.

Doug

Unfortunetly for him as a fellow seller on Ebay, as long as the buyer pays with paypal (which is the only way you can pay unless you setup a merchant account). No sale is ever final
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
No sale is ever final
That kinda favors the buyer, eh?

That said, even if I had legal recourse - to bother the seller about missing parts - I'd still be burdened with pursuing it. And that's something I'd prefer not to deal with. That is, it's still a hassle.

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
That kinda favors the buyer, eh?

That said, even if I had legal recourse - to bother the seller about missing parts - I'd still be burdened with pursuing it. And that's something I'd prefer not to deal with. That is, it's still a hassle.

Doug

Welcome to the buyer friendly Ebay. In a nutshell if you are really of a horrible nature and buying on Ebay you can get away with a lot

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Unfortunetly for him as a fellow seller on Ebay, as long as the buyer pays with paypal (which is the only way you can pay unless you setup a merchant account). No sale is ever final

If the crook is smart enough it is. I got hosed on a CPU a couple months ago. I filed with eBay and he agreed on a refund. However, he canceled his bank account that fed the refund. Ebay recommended to go to PayPal, so I filed with PayPal. The next day I got an email from PayPal saying they were closing the claim because I had filed with eBay. So, I got the tag team shaft from eBay and Paypal, who are the same company.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Craftsman

I was a seller on ebay since 2006 and i finally threw in the towel, mostly got sick of "buyers" trying to pull a fast one over me... My last item i sold was a pc motherboard, used, took 3 picks of it, described it as best as i could. Then he opens a "not as described" case because it didnt have the CMOS battery in it although it was clearly not in the pics and besides those Cr 2030 or whatever they are cost 3 bux. he lost his case but that was the last straw for me.... Last yr alone I had 14 cases opened, either for non payment from buyers or little bs like battery man.

This seller mentioned that he cannot vouch that everything was there, missing parts etc.. I steer clear of auctions like that unless im looking for spare parts. even if a buyer opened a case claiming that it wasnt described correctly ebay will favor the seller in this case. besides who would open a not as described case after buying a item whos description mentions that there may be missing pieces? believe me, a lot.......... who would pay 250 bux or whatever the closing bid was?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Rocket Huckster

As a seller on Ebay for over 10 it has truly become less seller friendly. We probably run into less idiot buyers than the average sellers, because we sell to a smaller customer base. I have two relatives who cater to a larger crowd on Ebay. While we may have 2 or 3 cases opened against us in a YEAR.

They get that many in a month.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Old 03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Rocket Huckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron
I was a seller on ebay since 2006 and i finally threw in the towel, mostly got sick of "buyers" trying to pull a fast one over me... My last item i sold was a pc motherboard, used, took 3 picks of it, described it as best as i could. Then he opens a "not as described" case because it didnt have the CMOS battery in it although it was clearly not in the pics and besides those Cr 2030 or whatever they are cost 3 bux. he lost his case but that was the last straw for me.... Last yr alone I had 14 cases opened, either for non payment from buyers or little bs like battery man.

This seller mentioned that he cannot vouch that everything was there, missing parts etc.. I steer clear of auctions like that unless im looking for spare parts. even if a buyer opened a case claiming that it wasnt described correctly ebay will favor the seller in this case. besides who would open a not as described case after buying a item whos description mentions that there may be missing pieces? believe me, a lot.......... who would pay 250 bux or whatever the closing bid was?

I disagree with you on that, we sold some used rockets on Ebay that had missing parts. Because we failed to list the actual pieces that were missing guess what happened? You know it they opened a "not as described case" and we lost. They did have to send it back on their dime before we had to refund the money.

Thats why selling anything "as is" is a dangerous thing unless you mention what is missing. Weve had it happen to us twice on Ebay. So we no longer sell opened kits unless we do an inventory and list EXACTLY what is missing.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack