PDA

View Full Version : Narcon 2007

DeanHFox
08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Just spotted this over on TRF; crossposting it here:

"I am pleased to announce that the National Association of Rocketry has awarded the 2007 NAR Convention (NARCON 2007) to the Minnesota Amateur Spacemodelers' Association (MASA) section, to be hosted March 8-11 in Rochester, Minnesota. NARCON 2007 will include a model rocket and high-power launch in addition to the presentations and working groups that are a usual part of a NARCON. The Event Director will be Mike Erpelding, fizzbin@meltel.net, (320) 764-2319. Thanks very much to MASA and to Mike Erpelding for stepping forward to serve the NAR and its members by holding this important NAR national event.

Trip Barber
NAR 4322
NAR National Events Committee Chairman"

dwmzmm
08-06-2006, 01:39 PM
The announcement was also on the NAR-Sections Yahoo Group server...

ghrocketman
08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Anybody that has an email address of FIZZBIN@anything HAS to be great !

Now is a Jack on Tuesday at night good in fizzbin or bad ?? :D

Ltvscout
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Just spotted this over on TRF; crossposting it here:

"I am pleased to announce that the National Association of Rocketry has awarded the 2007 NAR Convention (NARCON 2007) to the Minnesota Amateur Spacemodelers' Association (MASA) section, to be hosted March 8-11 in Rochester, Minnesota. NARCON 2007 will include a model rocket and high-power launch in addition to the presentations and working groups that are a usual part of a NARCON. The Event Director will be Mike Erpelding, fizzbin@meltel.net, (320) 764-2319. Thanks very much to MASA and to Mike Erpelding for stepping forward to serve the NAR and its members by holding this important NAR national event.
That tells me that there either were no other NARCON bids at all, or the other bids were just plain bad. The NAR usually does not hold its major events in the same region this many years in a row. This'll be the fourth year in a row that NARCON was held in the midwest.

DeanHFox
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
That tells me that there either were no other NARCON bids at all, or the other bids were just plain bad. The NAR usually does not hold its major events in the same region this many years in a row. This'll be the fourth year in a row that NARCON was held in the midwest.
Now, Scott...I prefer to think of it as "We gots quality folks here in da Midwest, der hey, and we're gonna do real good up dere by the lake almost". :D

Personally, I'm glad to see all the major NAR events in the Midwest in '07, as it gives me a chance to get my son more involved in the NAR events --- not to mention getting ME more involved, of course! :)

Ltvscout
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Now, Scott...I prefer to think of it as "We gots quality folks here in da Midwest, der hey, and we're gonna do real good up dere by the lake almost". :D

Personally, I'm glad to see all the major NAR events in the Midwest in '07, as it gives me a chance to get my son more involved in the NAR events --- not to mention getting ME more involved, of course! :)
I'm not complaining that it's in the midwest again. ;) I guess what I'm getting at is that it seems there's a lack of willingness to run major events among NAR sections.

John Dyer
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not complaining that it's in the midwest again. ;) I guess what I'm getting at is that it seems there's a lack of willingness to run major events among NAR sections.

Well, I personally enjoy the drive up to the midwest area. It's soooo green compared to here in the south ;)

I'm sure Trip works with whatever bids he gets. I can tell you from experience that a national event is really tough on you and takes a great deal of resources and commitment (I was the NARCON 2001 Event Director and helped out in 2 NARAMS and 2 NSL's). I got alot of respect for anyone and anygroup that steps forward to do one of these things...

John