PDA

View Full Version : RockSim

barone
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Okay, this is my first serious attempt at designing something and I need some help. How in the world do you get body tubes mounted on fins? This would be so much easier if you could drag and drop :( .

Don
NAR 53455

snaquin
08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Okay, this is my first serious attempt at designing something and I need some help. How in the world do you get body tubes mounted on fins? This would be so much easier if you could drag and drop :( .

Don
NAR 53455

Not sure if you're looking for a single tube mounted on fins - like a ringtail, but you can find an interesting article in this Apogee newsletter archived here:

http://www.apogeerockets.com/education/downloads/Newsletter119.pdf

If you want tubes mounted on the tips of fins I'm not sure how to simulate that .....

James Pierson
08-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Don, use an Inside Tube to mount it on the outside of a fin. Its the only tube that has radial distance adjustment. Click on the main Bt first to select it then click on inside tube. Choose an inside tube and then edit the Radial Position. You have to adjust both the radial distance and the radial angle. I use the end view to do this and zoom in many times to position the tube on the tip of the fin. Also use the 2D side view to position the tube lengthwise. Once you get one tube in position I usually copy and paste another tube and edit it to another fin tip. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

barone
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks Steve and Jim......I'll see if I can get it to work and let you know.

Don
NAR 53455