PDA

View Full Version : SAM renewal?

Bryan B
04-30-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking it's been a year since I became a SAM and I'm trying to figure out the renewal process. I'm assuming the Semroc's system does it automatically if you spent more then $100 over the last year? I can't seem to find anything on the site about it. :confused:

Earl
04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking it's been a year since I became a SAM and I'm trying to figure out the renewal process. I'm assuming the Semroc's system does it automatically if you spent more then $100 over the last year? I can't seem to find anything on the site about it. :confused:

Drop them an email and I'm sure Carl and Sheryl will help you out pronto.

Earl

Bryan B
04-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Thought about that, figured their reply could help other people as well as myself.

BEC
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
And related to that would be updated "badges" with a new expiration date (or no date). Mine says it expired 020112.... :(

(of course I forgot it when I went to my last big launch so it didn't do what it was supposed to do anyway - give me a name tag and serve as a "what's a SAM?" conversation starter)

Blushingmule
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
And related to that would be updated "badges" with a new expiration date (or no date). Mine says it expired 020112.... :(

(of course I forgot it when I went to my last big launch so it didn't do what it was supposed to do anyway - give me a name tag and serve as a "what's a SAM?" conversation starter)

I renewed back in December. No new badge. I ordered a few kits last month; no badge.
After e-mailing Cheryl, she replied that they aren't replacing/updating the badges.

On 5/1/2012 12:48 PM, Semroc Sales wrote:

Bob,

We do not make a new badge when your membership is renewed. The badges are
made when you first join the SAM club and you keep same badge each year.

Sheryl

O.K. now I know. No biggie. I'd hazard a guess that it's one less expense to deal with.

Bob

Sheryl@Semroc
05-04-2012, 05:25 AM
We will not be putting the expiration date on the badges with new SAM members. We are still learning as we go.

Sheryl

Bryan B
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
OK, I guess I'll have to put a little infinity symbol over the expiry date on my badge. :chuckle:

Bob H
05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
OK, I guess I'll have to put a little infinity symbol over the expiry date on my badge. :chuckle:I guess I will have to scan my badge, remove the date, and print a new one

jharding58
05-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Surely the year one badge is more distinctive with an expiration date than a scanned badge without one? Rather like a 1918 inverted Jenny stamp. Besides, according to my badge it expires in the year 201012