PDA

View Full Version : NAR Question

CenturiKid
07-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Since I have been getting to more launches this year, I decided to re-join the NAR. I just got my card in the mail today, and noticed that it says:

HPR CERT LEVEL 1

I'm not sure how these cards are labeled, but I do know that I have never completed high power certification; I've never even flown a "D" motor ;)

Should I contact the NAR and see what they say, or am I reading the card wrong and just stick to making cardstock rockets? :)

chadrog
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I'd say it's probably a glitch on their part. Though I would say putting A10's in some of those card stock roc's you make is pretty close!

ghrocketman
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
KEEP it quiet and accept the cert without having to do anything.
You should not need certs for ANY motor ANYWAY.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Bill
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Quietly accept it. Now you can fly clusters of 4 E BP motors or VMAX F and G motors.

Bill

Doug Sams
07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Quietly accept it. Once you post it to a rocketry forum, where NAR officers are present, it's kinda hard to...put the genie back in the bottle ;):D

Doug

Tau Zero
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Should I contact the NAR and see what they say, or am I reading the card wrong and just stick to making cardstock rockets? :)If we didn't earn it, it's not ours to keep.

Let them know ASAP so they can fix it. ;) :D

Cheers,

samb
07-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Since I have been getting to more launches this year, I decided to re-join the NAR. I just got my card in the mail today, and noticed that it says:

HPR CERT LEVEL 1

I'm not sure how these cards are labeled, but I do know that I have never completed high power certification; I've never even flown a "D" motor ;)

Should I contact the NAR and see what they say, or am I reading the card wrong and just stick to making cardstock rockets? :)

I joined NAR in 2006 and my card came with Level 1 Cert printed on it. I didn't actually make a level 1 flight until 2008 but I'm pretty sure I stayed within LPR limits during that gap. I showed some folks in our local section and got some giggles out of it but otherwise just chalked it up to a glitch in the system.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-12-2012, 06:26 PM
In BEDROCK!!! Glitch, glitch.

CenturiKid
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your replies guys. When I see stuff like this the Eagle Scout in me sounds the "Do the right thing" alarm... I just wanted to make sure that something was indeed wrong before I raised a flag.

The guys in WOOSH will tell you that I'm known for flying mini motors and MMX; I'm guessing I would send a few people into shock if I showed up with a HPR motor. Great thing about being in a club with a group of guys like this... I know that if I decide to go for my certification there will be someone there to help me do it right.

ghrocketman
07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Don't be a mamby-pamby and ruin it !
Take OFF the lily-white goody-two shoes.
Start buying and flying H and I motors and keep yer trap shut about the mistake.
NOTHING wrong with a FOUND gain, just like the best kind of money is OLD UNEARNED MONEY !

chadrog
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Don't be a mamby-pamby and ruin it !
Take OFF the lily-white goody-two shoes.
Start buying and flying H and I motors and keep yer trap shut about the mistake.
NOTHING wrong with a FOUND gain, just like the best kind of money is OLD UNEARNED MONEY !
:rolleyes:

ghrocketman
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm NOT joking either.
BEST money in the world is the money you have to do NOTHING for !
OLD Inherited money !!!