PDA

View Full Version : Bayou Blast Off Covering Rocketry In & Around Louisiana

snaquin
09-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Chris Guidry the Vice President of SoLaR - South Louisiana Rocketry, is the writer of this newsletter listing the fall launch schedules and rocketry activities with the NAR chapter and TRA prefect.

The .pdf was too big to post so I saved it into four reduced sized .jpg images.

If you are interested in flying with us we'd love to have you along :)

dwmzmm
09-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow, Steve, very nice newletter! If I was still living in Louisiana, I'd be glad to come down
and fly with you all (use to live in Natchitoches for about 15 years)...

BTW, do you guys do any modroc flying at Independence Park? That's where me and a few
modroc buddies of mine use to fly back in the early 1980's. And that mall nearby, Cortana
Mall, once had an outstanding hobby shop where I purchased many soon to be OOP Estes
and Centuri kits during that same time period.

snaquin
10-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Wow, Steve, very nice newletter! If I was still living in Louisiana, I'd be glad to come down
and fly with you all (use to live in Natchitoches for about 15 years)...

BTW, do you guys do any modroc flying at Independence Park? That's where me and a few
modroc buddies of mine use to fly back in the early 1980's. And that mall nearby, Cortana
Mall, once had an outstanding hobby shop where I purchased many soon to be OOP Estes
and Centuri kits during that same time period.

I passed nearby Natchitoches several times while running from hurricanes up I-49 towards Bossier City and Shreveport but never actually had a chance to site see that town. Because Natchitoches is the oldest permanent settlement of the Louisiana Purchase I'm going to have to visit the historic district one day .....

Not sure if they still fly modroc at Independence Park. I haven't been up near the Cortana Mall for quite a few years. The field that the NAR Section #596 uses at the Cinemark Tinseltown can be seen from I-10 in Baton Rouge just before you take the Siegen exit. They launch the last Saturday of every month and yesterday the weather was outstanding, blue skies and dry. I couldn't attend because I was out of town :(

dwmzmm
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I passed nearby Natchitoches several times while running from hurricanes up I-49 towards Bossier City and Shreveport but never actually had a chance to site see that town. Because Natchitoches is the oldest permanent settlement of the Louisiana Purchase I'm going to have to visit the historic district one day .....

Yes, it'll be worth a day's visit or two. If you get to see Fort St. Jean Baptiste, they fire a standard BP cannon once a day; be sure to get earplugs because it left my ears ringing for hours the last time I went there...