PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Interest?

Arley Davis
12-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Is there any Interest in starting a low power Rocket Club in the Omaha NE area?

About 10 years ago I joined ORC The Omaha Rocket Club, that was a NAR group, then about 7 years ago the club changed to a Tripoli group called THOR The Heartland Organization of Rocketry. This was fine for we had members involved in all aspects of rocketry, from low to high power. Put in the past two years THOR has become strictly a High Power Club.

I seam to be the only one still interested in building and flying low power, No one in THOR seams to care that we lost are Low power field and have no were to launch smaller rockets in the Omaha area even though I have brought it up several meetings. Do not get me wrong I still like some High Power, Put I love the beauty and design of low power rocketry and would like to share that with others of the same interest.

So if there is some interest in the Omaha area please send me a line so we can bring back ORC - Omaha Rocket Club and have some fun with are kids again. arleydavis@cox.net

barone
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Arley,

Have missed your posts. Hope everything is going better for you. When I lived in the Omaha area (Belleville) I would have loved to have joined a club there, but I didn't know they had any (about 15 years ago). Good luck in trying to get one formed.

Arley Davis
12-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Dear Barone
There was no club 15 years ago, If memory serves me right ORC now was founded about 11 years ago and I have been an active member of now THOR for 10 years.