PDA

View Full Version : Estes Mars Lander Internal Ring

Leo
12-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Maybe someone here can assist me.

I just acquired an original Estes Mars Lander kit.

Unfortunately it is missing one of the two Internal Rings Part #RT-99D.

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/forums/marslander_partslist.jpg

Does anyone have such a ring lying around that they could part with?

BTW, the same ring is also used in the Estes Star Trek Enterprise Kit #1275.

Thanks,

hawkshobby
12-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Hi Leo

Semroc has them. Same part # RT-99D $.50 Ea.

Hope this helps. :)

Mark

Leo
12-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Thanks Mark :)

However, I forgot to mention that the item needs to be original Estes and in absolut mint condition.

hawkshobby
12-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok I think I can still help you out . :)

I just happen to have one from my Enterprise.

Go to my webb site and email me and we will see if we can get this to you.

I will go ahead and get one from Carl. :)

Talk to you later.

Mark

falingtrea
12-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Leo don't do it!! Don't Ebay it!! YOU MUST BUILD IT!! Come to the light! :D :) :p :rolleyes:

At least I assume that is why you need an original mint condition internal ring. I mean it wouldn't be important if you had a non-Estes part on the inside of the rocket, if you were GONNA BUILD IT!! :rolleyes: ;)

Leo
12-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Well ... you see, I'm a rocket weirdo :o

My kits have to be in their original form. Even my Estes clones are only made with original Estes parts.

Case in point: If the original kit came with the simpler older engine hook then the same type has be used even though the newer engine hook might be the better choice.

I really don't know why but it makes me feel a lot better :) Maybe it's a principal thing :confused:

I have no plans to sell the Mars Lander on Ebay and since I'm building the excellent Semroc Mars Lander I feel no need to build the Estes kit. I just want it mint and complete :)

ghrocketman
12-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Good luck finding that one

Bob Thomas
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I know the man only from his works. I re-browse his website every few weeks to see his kit list, his acquisitions and HIS UNBELIEVABLE FLEET, and I know why he wants an original. He is persuing an admirable quest, self-satisfaction. I applaud his efforts (and I'm glad I'm more easily self-satisfied.)

I'm going back to his site to admire it again; I'll try to fight off the lust and pavlovian response.

Bob

P.S. If he ever sells, I hope he gives us a crack at them first!!!!

Leo
01-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Still no luck on a mint ring so if anyone can help out please send me a PM.

Thanks.

barone
01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Still no luck on a mint ring so if anyone can help out please send me a PM.

Thanks.
Leo,

I got a few Star Trek kits in the garage (five I think) but they're the anniversary editions. Will they work?

Leo
01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Everyone,

Many thanks to Loretta at http://www.hawkshobby.com/ for sending me a ring. It came in today and I hope it will be on it's way to Germany soon.

Also many thanks to all who offered me their assistance.

It is much appreciated :)