PDA

View Full Version : Cannot upload pictures to YORF

rosko_racer
03-26-2014, 02:03 PM
I have been trying to post some pictures and I keep getting an error message that says:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Ye Olde Rocket Forum database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Does anyone get this message? Updates?

- r_r

dugliss
03-26-2014, 02:36 PM
I was getting the same message Monday but a half hour later I was able to upload pics normally. :confused:

rosko_racer
03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
It has been happening to me since last Sunday...

Earl
03-26-2014, 07:00 PM
It has been happening to me since last Sunday...

Are you by chance using Safari? I have gotten that message before and each time it was while using Safari. Does not happen every time I use Safari though.

Earl

rosko_racer
03-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Using IE v11

rosko_racer
03-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Scott helped me figure out what may have been wrong, looks like the upload script did not like that each picture was about 1.4 megs. He reduced the size of the pictures and was able to upload them. I did the same and it worked.

Thanks to all for your help.

V/R,

- r_r

luke strawwalker
03-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Resizing pics is easy to do in MS Paint...

That's what I use... or I just crosspost to TRF and their downloader downsizes the pics automatically-- then I grab those pics and upload them here...

Later! OL JR :)

Ltvscout
03-30-2014, 09:36 PM
I had my host make a change to the MySQL configuration which should take care of the upload issue we've been having. I'd appreciate it if those of you who have had problems in the past would try uploading the original jpg's (before downsizing them) they were having problems with to see if it now works. Just create a test message in this forum area. Thanks!