PDA

View Full Version : PNC-60AH base ?

Green Dragon
01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Ok, going out on a limb here, but going to ask, just in case.

I have an original PNC-60 - the two piece black injection molded one - but am missing the base part.

hoping maybe someone has a spare they've been hoarding and might be talked out of ?

drop me a line if you might have anything :-)

thanks,

~ AL

foose4string
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Have you thought about using a balsa tube connector? Might require a small amount of sanding, but should work ok attached with epoxy and a screw eye.

Green Dragon
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Have you thought about using a balsa tube connector? Might require a small amount of sanding, but should work ok attached with epoxy and a screw eye.

hmm, had not thought about the balsa coupler angle, and I've even done that one some late style 2 piece PNC-50Y cones that were missing the bases.

although the cone HAS a shoulder ( so could be used on a payload section or similar as-is, was originally going to use on my Omega when I restored my vintage kit last summer, but saved it ,just in case.

It's not so much of a " find a way to get it useful' , but a " would be neat to build a clone, say Red Max :-) , with the original type 2 piece black cone " .

might fabricate something, but might hold out in case one shows up, or just decide to use on the Omega as noted and use the blow-molded PNC-60 for the other clones.

~ AL