PDA

View Full Version : vintage estes kits

prooflike13
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Is there anything more current on prices for old kits than these old pad #s.Has anyone compiled new accurate prices for rare kits?IF not what resources would be helpful? Thx as always!

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Is there anything more current on prices for old kits than these old pad #s.Has anyone compiled new accurate prices for rare kits?IF not what resources would be helpful? Thx as always!

You can always search the completed auctions on Ebay. Probably fairly time consuming, but that's all I can suggest.

Ltvscout
01-21-2007, 12:16 AM
The only other source I know of other than what Bill listed is to buy the Launch magazines. Mark puts sample listings of what OOP rocketry items are going for in each issue.

Leo
01-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Go to my website under "rockets" and click on the manufacturers.

Gus
01-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Leo,

I love your site.

Two questions:

1. How do you determine the auction value?

2. How do you store your kits?

Leo
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Gus,

they are stored in thin walled plastic bags and then placed on the side (to avoid body tubes getting dented) in strong and durable plastic airtight containers.

Since I know most of the rockets I have by heart I occasionally hop over to Ebay and check out what is offered. If I find a rocket I have it then comes under favorites. If the price is higher than my database it gets updated.

ghrocketman
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
It seems to me that an auction value should be determined by say a 2 yr average of the particular kit sold, NOT the highest price one has seen.
One fool with a lot of money does not make all identical objects capable of selling for a given price.
For example, Leo shows the auction value of a Centuri 1/45 LJ II as $609.99.
In the past 6 months I have seen more than one sealed NIB sell for UNDER $500.00
The average I have seen is probably around $450.00
Even if this value is for insurance purposes, one would be hard pressed in this day and age to get any insurance company to give you more for something than the max it went for on ebay in the last year.

Leo
01-21-2007, 03:54 PM
If it makes you feel any better I added "max" in the description.

Other than that no one is forced to use the information on my site.

I just find it very interesting in what year a max bid was made and I'm sharing this information with enthusiasts.

ghrocketman
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks Leo !
I like having "max" in the description....it clarifies things a bit.
I think you have a great site.

Leo
03-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, what can I say....

"Thanks, Leo. You were the place I looked to find out if the old kits had any value. Best regards, ******"

It was time for me to remove all the references on ebay pricing listed in my rocket section.

Better for me to learn now than never :o