PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Estes Alien Invader Nose Cone

mojo1986
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Looking for a new old stock nose cone for an Estes Alien Invader............you know, the plastic one with the two weird looking lobes on it. Anyone have one for sale or trade? I could pick one up on Ebay by buying a kit, but they are currently going at $40-$50. A bit steep for a nose cone. The reason I need one is to complete an opened kit that is quite scarce..............it's a #1343 Starfighter Combo Kit (contains the Orion Starfighter and the Torellian Invader). The kit was opened long ago to take advantage of a promotion that required the bar code, which has been cut out of the face card. At some point the nose cone went missing. I'm in the process of selling off much of my collection and I figured there would be a lot more interest in the kit if it is complete. I am willing to make a really good trade to the first person who steps forward. If you have an opened kit that you intend to build, I have a used nose cone that I would include in the trade so that you could still do your build. Please email me if you have one in new condition that you are willing to sell or trade. Thanks.

Joe

barone
02-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Have you tried Moldin Oldies?

http://moldinoldies.rocketshoppe.com/additionalparts.htm

I think you're talking about the PNC-50CA. $5 plus shipping.....less than $10 total.

rosko_racer
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Mojo: How about making your own out of balsa? I am scratch building a rocket and I did a NC "A la Alien Invader". Bought two NC, cut one in half, sanded the halves so that they would fit on the sides of the bigger NC... Worked for me... see attached pic...

rokitflite
02-25-2007, 12:16 AM
He needs an original, plastic one to complete a kit Raul. :D I think that combo was only made 1 year correct? 1980?

Leo
02-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Looking for a new old stock nose cone for an Estes Alien Invader............you know, the plastic one with the two weird looking lobes on it. Anyone have one for sale or trade? I could pick one up on Ebay by buying a kit, but they are currently going at $40-$50. A bit steep for a nose cone. The reason I need one is to complete an opened kit that is quite scarce..............it's a #1343 Starfighter Combo Kit (contains the Orion Starfighter and the Torellian Invader). The kit was opened long ago to take advantage of a promotion that required the bar code, which has been cut out of the face card. At some point the nose cone went missing. I'm in the process of selling off much of my collection and I figured there would be a lot more interest in the kit if it is complete. I am willing to make a really good trade to the first person who steps forward. If you have an opened kit that you intend to build, I have a used nose cone that I would include in the trade so that you could still do your build. Please email me if you have one in new condition that you are willing to sell or trade. Thanks.

Joe

Joe,

I might be interested.

Send me an email with your "really good trade" offer.

Green Dragon
02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Leo,

I just happen to have a new,unused cone as you requested.

I've been hoarding it for a sometime build ( although I have a builtup vintage Torrelian, and an Alien Invader already ).

I'd hate to part with it, but I'm a builder, so your offer of a used one, plus "incentive' ( to cover postage / etc) might twist my arm, so drop me a note back if no luck finding a cone.

~ AL

Leo
02-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Leo,

I just happen to have a new,unused cone as you requested.

I've been hoarding it for a sometime build ( although I have a builtup vintage Torrelian, and an Alien Invader already ).

I'd hate to part with it, but I'm a builder, so your offer of a used one, plus "incentive' ( to cover postage / etc) might twist my arm, so drop me a note back if no luck finding a cone.

~ AL

Hehehe ....

wrong guy ;)

Joe needs the cone so drop him an email :)

Green Dragon
02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Hehehe ....

wrong guy ;)

Joe needs the cone so drop him an email :)

Oops :rolleyes:

sorry for the confusion, one I quoted was your post, I guess, lol ..

ANyways - JOE :) , drop me a note if unable to locate same, this one I have isn;t going anywhere soon.

~ AL ( again )