PDA

View Full Version : Nike Hercules

zeke1312
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
A great kit in design stage! Can't wait but I'll be waitin'. Check other threads on this board for details. If you want a challenge and build the "best looking rocket/missile", put your name on the list. Can't wait...........................

sandman
03-18-2007, 01:55 PM
?????????

:confused:

moonzero2
03-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Details?
Length?
Single stage or two stage?
Engine size?
Single engine or cluster?
Decals?
Price?
That's enough to wet my appetite!

Leo
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Sandman, careful... it's a trick question :D

sandman
03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Most of the answers are here.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1241&highlight=Nike+Hercules

But to be more specific:

Details?

Yes, lots!

Length?

Almost 37" tall

Single stage or two stage?

Both but the second stage will be left up to the builder. The 1st stage has 4 D12 or E9 motors so it'll go pretty high as a single.

Engine size?

4 x 24mm

Single engine or cluster?

Cluster in the first stage. Single motor in the sustainer.

Decals?

Yes! Lots!

Price?

Not sure yet but probably $135.

I have a few beta test builds out there...waiting for some laser cut parts...and a whole bunch of other stuff. :rolleyes:

moonzero2
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry Sandman I did not realize zeke1312 was talking about your upcoming kit.
But now I'm drulling even more all over myself. :D

sandman
03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Well, I think he was... :o

I'm not sure why he started a new thread. :confused:

zeke1312
03-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I was referring to Sandman's Nike Hercules project! I thought the post would generate even more requests for the kit being a new thread. Sorry again, my mistake! I agree I should have tagged my post to th thread! :o

sandman
03-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Sorry, I was referring to Sandman's Nike Hercules project! I thought the post would generate even more requests for the kit being a new thread. Sorry again, my mistake! I agree I should have tagged my post to th thread! :o

That's OK, I needed the kick in the behind to get this thing restarted. :o

foose4string
03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I was just thinking about resurrecting that thread a week or two ago, but figured the sandman was busy. Didn't want to be too pushy with it. How's it's coming along Sandman? Phred is back in action but says he's not doing customs, but I'll bet he'd do it if everything was ready to go and a large enough quantity was needed. Probably makes a difference who he's doing it for too.

sandman
03-22-2007, 12:39 PM
"How's it coming along?"

Funny you should ask. ;)

Prototype laser cut parts just arrived today.

The upper fins are 1/16" basswood for strength and a little extra weight up front. No fin cutting on this one! :D

On the right are the centering rings/spacers for the booster.

Balsa parts are pretty much finalized...I just have to make them.. :o

Oh, it'as coming along and still on schedule for this summer.