PDA

View Full Version : List of vintage Estes kits for sale...

401flightcranks
04-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Hello -

I have a small group of vintage Estes rocket kits for sale. PayPal only. I ship via USPS Priority Mail. I can email you pictures if you like. Just email me at: machmc@hotmail.com with your requests. Thank you!

Nike Ajax - mint in package $100.00 shipped
LTV Scout - mint in package $100.00 shipped
Scorpius - mint in package $55.00 shipped
Phoenix - mint in **first** generation package $50.00 shipped
Mars Snooper II - mint in package $75.00 shipped
Pegasus - Mint in package $40.00 shipped
Falcon Commander - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Goblin - Mint in package $60.00 shipped
Satellite Interceptor - mint in dusty package, no header tag (I'm not sure that it came with a header tag). $30.00 shipped
U.S.S. Atlantis - mint in package. Package is dusty. $60.00 shipped
Jupiter-C - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Trident II - mint in package $40.00 shipped
Sentinel - mint in package - $40.00 shipped

I also have a few U.S.S. Andromeda kits. One mint in package, but some tubes are ovalized. Two other kits, opened, but has the non-ovalized tubes that would make the Un-opened kit perfect.

Royatl
04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Is this Jonesy again???

I apologize if not, but this looks like a similar pattern.

Caveat Emptor.

Hello -

I have a small group of vintage Estes rocket kits for sale. PayPal only. I ship via USPS Priority Mail. I can email you pictures if you like. Just email me at: machmc@hotmail.com with your requests. Thank you!

Nike Ajax - mint in package $100.00 shipped
LTV Scout - mint in package $100.00 shipped
Scorpius - mint in package $55.00 shipped
Phoenix - mint in **first** generation package $50.00 shipped
Mars Snooper II - mint in package $75.00 shipped
Pegasus - Mint in package $40.00 shipped
Falcon Commander - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Goblin - Mint in package $60.00 shipped
Satellite Interceptor - mint in dusty package, no header tag (I'm not sure that it came with a header tag). $30.00 shipped
U.S.S. Atlantis - mint in package. Package is dusty. $60.00 shipped
Jupiter-C - mint in package $50.00 shipped
Trident II - mint in package $40.00 shipped
Sentinel - mint in package - $40.00 shipped

I also have a few U.S.S. Andromeda kits. One mint in package, but some tubes are ovalized. Two other kits, opened, but has the non-ovalized tubes that would make the Un-opened kit perfect.

401flightcranks
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Who is Jonesy? What is the purpose of your reply?

sandman
04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Who is Jonesy? What is the purpose of your reply?

Jonsey is a very bad guy.

He posts in forums like this and on Ebay looking for suckers to buy old kits from him at bargain prices and just keeps the money. He never delivers.

He's burned a few people and we are all a bit suspicious of a first time poster offering kits for sale.

No offence but like I said...he's a bad dude and he seems to have made us a bit apprehensive.

Daniel Runyon
04-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Just did a Googling and found this fellow has 411 Ebay feedbacks, 100% positive (http://myworld.ebay.com/401flightcranks/)... both as a buyer and seller... looks pretty safe.

Jonesy is a man who rips of the model rocketry community by trying to sell vintage Estes kits, taking the money and never delivering.

401flightcranks
04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
No offense, but my name is Mark McMasters, not Jonesy. I am eBay user 401flightcranks if you want to see my history. Check my feedback for six (6)+ years...its flawless. It doesn't make sense to me when someone makes an uninformed comment when I make my **third** post on this website. Is this how you guys treat all new members? Seriously?

Daniel Runyon
04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
It doesn't make sense to me when someone makes an uninformed comment when I make my **third** post on this website. Is this how you guys treat all new members? Seriously?

You really shouldn't take offense... Jonesy is always a "new member" and always uses a different moniker. There's a website somewhere that keeps track of all of his known names. Don't you think it's a pretty serious problem when there is a known rip off artist who has posted very similarly to you many times before, and if you were a member of a forum that knew that, would you yourself not be cautious? It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is... nobody wants to be ripped off, and rocketeers across several forums know of this fellow... it's only natural to think "I wonder if this is Jonesy" when a post like yours appears. :)

Daniel Runyon
04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Here, I just found the page that tracks him so you can see what level of trouble the guy has caused, and maybe then you can understand:

Jonesy (http://www.unclemikesrocketshack.com/Deadbeats/Jeff_Jones.html)

401flightcranks
04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Well, unlike most people on here would probably do, I just posted my real name. I tryed to post some items for sale, and people make assumptions and ruin my post, so I do take offense. :) Why would you assume that all new members are this Jonesy person? Better yet, I will prove that I am eBay user 401flightcranks. PM me a random auction item number on eBay and I will bid on it. No new cars please. :) I know that I am new here and most everyone wouldn't know who the heck I am, but I can prove that I am who I say I am.

Daniel Runyon
04-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Not all new members, just all new members who come in and more or less immediately post a list of vintage Estes kits for sale. Again, he's done it many times, and it looked about like your post above, so what's not to understand? This is the internet afterall... it's not like it's a good idea to just trust any ol body with a wad of hard earned cash. Most people with good sense buy things at that kind of dollar value from people they've either already known or can get some feedback from others who've already done business with them. At any rocket forum (and other types of forums as well), people will often ask if anyone else has used a specific online retailer before making a purchase. People have to be careful with their money, dude.

401flightcranks
04-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't think you understand. Read my post (above) again. I can prove that I am who I say I am. I am new here, but I am not this Jonesy person. I post here a few times and people make assumptions and try to ruin my post. I don't know what else I can do to prove that I am not this person. I gave my actual name and eBay handle. You want my phone number? :)

Daniel Runyon
04-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Dude, do you see my post above where I Googled your email address, found that you have 411 positive feedbacks and said "looks safe"? The rest is just explanation as to why the suspicion would be there to begin with. My lord. :D

401flightcranks
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Looks safe? My feedback is flawless. I'm not Jonesy. I think you may get it now...sheesh ;)
I'll warn the next new member that people will assume that he or she is Jonesy so that there is no misunderstanding. :D

The next time, send me a PM with your explanation of why you thought I was Jonesy. I noticed that the first person who replied to this post was RoyAtl. Perhaps the 'Atl' is short for Atlanta? I live in Chamblee, Georgia and RoyAtl can come and see the rockets in person if he chooses. Unless Jonesy is from Georgia, I think that you can put this to rest. No hard feelings, but this is a tough crowd. :)

Daniel Runyon
04-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Tough by the necessity of protecting people's hard earned money...

http://www.isarapix.com/pix35/1177225360.jpg

I'm a GA boy too, BTW.

tbzep
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
. I tryed to post some items for sale, and people make assumptions and ruin my post, so I do take offense.

Most forums require a minimum number 25 or 50 posts before even allowing a member to post for sale items. It lets people get to know the member a little bit and helps prevent spamming and scamming. If you still take offense to us trying to take care of each other when you just show up out of the blue and start posting for sale items after so many of the rocket community has been burned, you likely won't get too many buyers from this forum.

Sorry, but a "third" post is still not much to go on. Ebay members have their identities hijacked all the time. That's now a big buisness in the relm of the cyber crooks. I could post my "real name" on the forum all day long and nobody will actually know if I'm telling the truth or if I made the name up. If you had come here and talked about rockets for a few dozen posts and then posted your items for sale, nobody would have said a single word except that you have some nice kits for sale.

Royatl
04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Others have given you the back story and reasons for my initial post. As i said then, if you're not Jonesy, I apologize, but you followed his modus operandi and raised the red flags.
Given that, you shouldn't be surprised that we'd be suspicious.

Since you're from Chamblee, why don't you come out to SoAR's launch next Saturday (http://www.soar571.com )? There's probably at least two or three people who would jump at the chance for a collectable or two, and you'll probably meet a couple other EBay merchants.

Roy Green (from a hotel room in Perry, GA, already late for the second day of SoAR's Springfest Launch in Lilly)

Ltvscout
04-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Ok folks. People have said their piece, now let's move on. The OP has explained his position and has offered to prove who he is if need be by using the eBay bidding system. I'll admit, when I first saw the original post I thought of Jonesy as well. I have the advantage of seeing the rest of the users info though as far as email address and IP address which did not correlate with Jonesy.

For those of you still worried about this persons identity, just don't purchase his items. For those looking to possibly save some money on some old kits vs getting into a bidding war on eBay, I see nothing wrong with this seller.

Thank you.

YORF Owner

scigs30
04-28-2007, 01:17 AM
I purchased 3 of his rockets on Ebay, Thank you for the fast service and the rockets are in great shape....