PDA

View Full Version : Estes Hex-3

JediBoss
06-13-2017, 05:17 PM
The Estes Hex-3 is now available on their website if anyone's interested
http://www.estesrockets.com/new/007263-hex-3tm

Jerry Irvine
06-13-2017, 07:59 PM
That's almost like a Centuri UFO. Die crushed rockets.

I'd be curious to see the sheet (laser table) size it starts out as. 4 up? 12 up?

If the Hex-3 were a U.S. Rockets kit it would not have thrust ring, a motor lock, a motor lock retainer or a split ring. That would lower the kit cost another 30% plus.

JumpJet
06-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Jerry,

Why do you continuously bash other companies rocket kits. I seldom see anything positive in any of your posts. I’ve been blocking your posts so I don’t see them for over 6 months now. In only ONE DAY I am reminded why. For some reason you need to mention your rocket company in most of your replies. If you wish to talk about how great your rocket products are you should start threads about them and not interject your company products when someone is talking about a product they wish to discuss. The other post I saw of yours today was about the rockets I entered in the Upscale event at NSL. You complement the selection and they bash how they were under powered. Who made you the authority on what motors should be used. I wish you simply would not make any comments when it comes to my personal stuff. I know need to find how to block your posts again so I don’t have to see and them again.

John Boren

Rob Campbell
06-30-2017, 08:36 AM
It looks kinda like a flying Port-A-Pad. It's nice to see something different.

hcmbanjo
06-30-2017, 10:33 AM
I think the HEX-3 is a pretty cool design, as are many of the new offerings from Estes.
As launching fields seem to get smaller and smaller, the HEX-3 could work in many situations.
Besides that, saucers and spools are fun.

Why would anybody criticize a company that is expanding and improving their product line.
Look at the new Saturn V fins and re-issued Little Joe II.

While other vendor kits might look like simple Alpha up-scales,
I'm all for new designs, scale models, re-issues and innovation.

the mole
06-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Here Here. I agree with hcmbanjo.
keep up the good work JumpJet.

JediBoss
06-30-2017, 08:26 PM
I just ordered one and an Estes Jetliner. I like odd and different and fun, and this model definitely falls into all three categories. Next, Starship Nova!

LeeR
06-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Jerry,

Why do you continuously bash other companies rocket kits. I seldom see anything positive in any of your posts. I’ve been blocking your posts so I don’t see them for over 6 months now. In only ONE DAY I am reminded why. For some reason you need to mention your rocket company in most of your replies. If you wish to talk about how great your rocket products are you should start threads about them and not interject your company products when someone is talking about a product they wish to discuss. The other post I saw of yours today was about the rockets I entered in the Upscale event at NSL. You complement the selection and they bash how they were under powered. Who made you the authority on what motors should be used. I wish you simply would not make any comments when it comes to my personal stuff. I know need to find how to block your posts again so I don’t have to see and them again.

John Boren

Im holding my breath until an apology comes from Jerry. Please pray for me ... :p

Doug Sams
07-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Im holding my breath until an apology comes from Jerry. Please pray for me ... :pInstead of holding your breath, try holding a grudge - you'll live longer that way :)

Doug

JumpJet
07-01-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm not looking for an apology , I simply wish he would stop doing what he always does.

By the Way I found how to Block seeing his posts again. I simply need to learn NOT to unblock him again.

John Boren

LeeR
07-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Instead of holding your breath, try holding a grudge - you'll live longer that way :)

Doug

Imaginary LIKE button just pressed ...