PDA

View Full Version : Estes Mercury Capsule Decals

Gus
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I have just refurbished a Mercury Redstone and Atlas using replacement capsules from Estes.

Estes no longer has the decal sets, however, for any of the capsules (but surprisingly they still had the decal sets for the Atlas booster).

The decal set of the Atlas capsules is included in the Expanded Kit list. Although it is hard to do white letters without an Alps printer, I printed the Atlas ones on white inkjet decal paper after converting a small square around the letters to black, which should work. I've attached a PDF of the file here for anyone else who might need a set.

The decal sheet for the Redstones, however, is not available on the expanded kit list.

If I remember right the Redstone set had both the Freedom 7 and Liberty Bell 7 set. Guess which one I'm interested in. ;)

Anyone have an extra they'd be willing to scan or send me?

Thanks,

Gus

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I do. We are talking about the most recent MR issue, aren't we? I bought several. :rolleyes:

Gus
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I do. We are talking about the most recent MR issue, aren't we? I bought several. :rolleyes:
Yes, Bill, the most recent issue.

But please don't open a kit just to scan the decal. I, too, have a couple of extra kits but I didn't want to open a whole kit just for the capsule decal.

The "United States" and US flag are the same as the Atlas kit so all I'm really missing is the capsule name, and the "crack" from LB-7.

I was just hoping somebody had a spare they'd either like to scan or send me.

I'd like to send it to Scott for inclusion on the expanded kit list.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I have a spare set. I built a Mercury Little Joe out of one MR kit, then had to buy a second when I found a hole in the bag where someone had "borrowed" a piece. As it isn't a complete kit, I have no qualms about opening it. Your choice, I can scan it or send it to you. PM me with your address if you want it sent.