PDA

View Full Version : The future of NASCAR?

chrism
04-27-2018, 04:23 PM
This week Ford announced it will be ending the production of all but two car lines to concentrate on trucks and SUVs. GM has announced similar plans to discontinue several of it car lines. The question is how this will effect NASCAR. Now I know that they have not raced "stock cars" in decades, but where will NASCAR base it cars on in the future? Will they race SUVs or turn to Honda Accords, Mercedes sedans and Audis. The American car may become a thing of the past.

ghrocketman
04-27-2018, 06:29 PM
I can tell you from inside, very few GM cars are being discontinued.
Ford is giving away that business to us.
Not that it amounts to very much anyway. Ford cars other than the Mustang are terribly boring. You could slap a Honda badge on most of them they are so boring.

astronwolf
04-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Reline every parking lot in America. I just watched a guy driving a big Chevy truck shoehorn his big rig into a parking space surrounded by little Japanese imports. He just didn't fit, and left. Imagine a lot fill of SUVs and trucks.

JohnNGA
04-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Perhaps if they would line up and run for 500 miles, and stop all the coffee breaks in between, interest might return.

chrism
04-27-2018, 08:38 PM
I can tell you from inside, very few GM cars are being discontinued.
Ford is giving away that business to us.
Not that it amounts to very much anyway. Ford cars other than the Mustang are terribly boring. You could slap a Honda badge on most of them they are so boring.

Here are some of the models GM is considering eliminating:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-autotips-0727-gm-eliminate-sedan-20170726-story.html

ghrocketman
04-28-2018, 07:09 AM
That article has a bunch of smoke and about zero substance.
There are very few vehicles each year by all auto companies that are not reviewed for future continued production.