PDA

View Full Version : Centuri Magnum-D Tomahawk ????

ghrocketman
05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I see that Centuri offered a scale Magnum-D powered Tomahawk Cruise Missile in their catalog for one year only in 1981.
I have seen most of the kits Centuri offered in the 70's and 80's at one time or another, but have NEVER seen an example of this one even back in the days it was supposedly produced.
Was this one an actual kit or was it vaporware that never made production like the Estes Cylon Raider and Black Hole Cygnus Probe Ship ?
I have seen all of the Magnum-D kits other than this one.

Initiator001
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Funny you should ask...

Back when I was working with Bill Stine at Enertek, the subject of the Magnum-D Tomahwk came up in a discussion he, Scott Branche and I were having.

Bill told us that he was the one that built the photo model which appeared in the catalog. It was the one and ONLY model ever made. The model never went into production as Damon was closing down Centuri.

As for the photo model, Bill said he gave it to a neighborhood kid and said child basically destroyed it. :(

Bob

ghrocketman
05-17-2007, 09:06 AM
I thought that might be the case as I have seen at one time or another virtually all the Centuri Kits from the late 60's through their final official days of 1983. Never once did I see anything about this one other than the Catalog Photo in 1981.
Kinda strange that it was not produced as there were new kits from Centuri after 1981.