05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
http://www.questaerospace.com/noresultsfound.asp?Shop=&SearchWord=raptor :mad:

Just my two cents,

snaquin
05-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Just my two cents,

Jay,

Looks like Quest took the image down ..... but I found it on eHobbies with some of the other new kits

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/ehobbies-com_1948_6059909

http://www.ehobbies.com/more-quest-rocket-kits.html

JRThro
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM

Just my two cents,
Jay, what was your two cents' worth before the page disappeared?

Tau Zero
05-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Jay, what was your two cents' worth before the page disappeared?"We found no results that closely match your search for: 'raptor'
Here a some helpful search suggestions:
- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try keywords such as product code, model, or description.
- Avoid using common words such as 'and', 'or', 'the', 'it', 'is', etc.

Try
Shop by Categories
Shop by Brands"

The " :mad: " was my two cents' worth. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

JRThro
05-20-2007, 10:57 AM
The " :mad: " was my two cents' worth. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Oh. The ehobbies sites says the Raptor, Big Dog, and the other one whose name I've already forgotten are coming Summer 2007.

Rocketking
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
The Real waiting is for the 18mm Quest D. Nettie tells me late June to July release for them.

Unless that is just a 'hope so'.

Solomoriah
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
The Real waiting is for the 18mm Quest D. Nettie tells me late June to July release for them.
Oh, yeah. I have an Outlander that I'd love to fly with an 18mm D.

rokitflite
06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Yes,
The Raptor has been delayed possibly until 2008 while Quest undergoes a bit of a move. This gives me time to make a space in my rocket room for several cases of them :D .

Gus
06-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Scott,

How was it that you came to do the kit for Quest?

Ltvscout
06-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Scott,

How was it that you came to do the kit for Quest?
Scott's worked with Quest on different projects for quite awhile now. I'm guessing their relationship probably started back when Scott and Bill worked together at Enertek. I'm sure Scott will correct me if my guesses/assumptions are incorrect. ;) I believe he's designed other kits for Quest other than the Raptor as well.

JRThro
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes,
The Raptor has been delayed possibly until 2008 while Quest undergoes a bit of a move. This gives me time to make a space in my rocket room for several cases of them :D .
...which I'll assume you'll never let go of!!
:eek: :rolleyes: :D

rokitflite
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Scott's worked with Quest on different projects for quite awhile now. I'm guessing their relationship probably started back when Scott and Bill worked together at Enertek. I'm sure Scott will correct me if my guesses/assumptions are incorrect. ;) I believe he's designed other kits for Quest other than the Raptor as well.

Nope,

No corrections... That just about sums it up. I am basically "On Call" with Quest for various projects when Bill needs me. I have worked on several other 3fnc projects but nothing exciting enough to mention. The Odyssey was originally designed to be a Quest kit, but ended up being my own. I am sorry the Raptor was delayed, but oh well... I still have the prototypes to play with :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Nope,

No corrections... That just about sums it up. I am basically "On Call" with Quest for various projects when Bill needs me. I have worked on several other 3fnc projects but nothing exciting enough to mention. The Odyssey was originally designed to be a Quest kit, but ended up being my own. I am sorry the Raptor was delayed, but oh well... I still have the prototypes to play with :D

Why did the Odyssey not end up being a Quest kit? Did they think it was too complex? Too cool? :cool:

Skippy
06-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Nope,
[Snip] The Odyssey was originally designed to be a Quest kit, but ended up being my own. [snip]

Now that is interesting!

rokitflite
06-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Just a different philosophy I guess. I wanted the Odyssey to be a kit that might not have sold many units, but made people look more closely at Quest. I always use the Dodge Viper as an example. Dodge did not build that car to make money, they built it to draw attention to the company. Bill likes to approve everything step-by-step and I like to present everything in a final, finished form. I guess I have a little more faith in myself in terms of designing models that I THINK people will like, but it is his company and his rules and I respect that wholeheartedly. It doesn't matter though... I have fun making the kits even if I don't really make any money on them :D I think the die hard rocket guys will like the next few Rokitflite kits ;)

-Scott

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I believe he's designed other kits for Quest other than the Raptor as well.

Ok, which other kits?

JRThro
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Just a different philosophy I guess. I wanted the Odyssey to be a kit that might not have sold many units, but made people look more closely at Quest. I always use the Dodge Viper as an example. Dodge did not build that car to make money, they built it to draw attention to the company. Bill likes to approve everything step-by-step and I like to present everything in a final, finished form. I guess I have a little more faith in myself in terms of designing models that I THINK people will like, but it is his company and his rules and I respect that wholeheartedly. It doesn't matter though... I have fun making the kits even if I don't really make any money on them :D I think the die hard rocket guys will like the next few Rokitflite kits ;)

-Scott
So do I. I know something about one of them, but I wonder what else Scott has up his metaphorical sleeve.

pantherjon
06-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Whatever it is Scott and his furry friend Gus are thinking up, I am sure it will be 'one to get'..If anything like the Fake Wulf or Odyssey..Man, you can just SEE the QUALITY and attention to detail on those kits, just looking in the bag! I am sure Scott can understand, but my FW kit #9 is not going to be built(at least for a while :) ) and I will shortly be ordering a 2nd one to build ..

Tau Zero
05-22-2008, 12:02 AM
http://www.ehobbies.com/qus3011.html

:eek: ;) :D :cool:

Congrats, Scott!

Cheers,

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Nice price! :eek:

jetlag
05-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, Scott, I can hardly wait for your new offerings! Let us all know the instant you have inventory and pics (not necessarily in that order!). Your kits are amazing!
Maybe I missed this, but when is the Quest (Rockitflite) Raptor going to be available?
Thanks,
Allen M
Columbia, SC

JRThro
05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Nice price! :eek:
Yeah, that doesn't seem very likely somehow, does it?

Initiator001
05-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I have heard from a reliable source that the Raptor is not likely to see store shelves anytime soon. :(

Bob

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Wow. I'm shocked. Kinda like that 18mm D. :rolleyes:

Skippy
05-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I have heard from a reliable source that the Raptor is not likely to see store shelves anytime soon. :(

Bob

If that means it can be released as a Rokitflite kit, put me down for one now!

jetlag
06-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Scott,
What's the word on the Raptor release? A lot of us are chomping at the bit on this one. Depending on what Quest says, can you release it to us? Seems unfair for them to hold it out this long without moving it into production. I'm getting tired of waiting ;) .
Also, what about the 'other' kits you have planned?
Just looking for the inside scoop :D !
Allen M

rokitflite
06-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi all!

Sorry... Quest paid me for the design so it is theirs whether they ever release it or not. There will be more Rokitflite kits eventually, I just gotta get time to work on them :rolleyes: . Thanks for all of the kind words, and I hope to see many of you at NARAM! :D