PDA

View Full Version : WOOSH 06-02-07 Launch

Ltvscout
06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I wasn't there (My daughter just graduated from 8th grade and we had her party today. I actually haven't burned any BP in about two years now. :eek: ), but here are some pictures from another club member (Dave Seer) of a launch they had today. There are some great shots of Paul Kinzer's Semroc Saturn 1B going up on a cluster.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559287189AnglIA

PaulK
06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks Scott, you beat me to it. David sure takes great pics. We put up a lot of stuff saturday - including a bunch of OOP motors through the NAR testing program (that is my vintage Der Red Max on an MRC B4-4).

I had quite a walk to recover the apollo capsule, it floated twice the distance of the main body. I lost sight of it coming down, thought it was a goner. However, I was lucky, it ended up landing only a couple feet off one of the gravel roads, just a few feet short of the woods, in 2' tall grass. I think I'll be replacing the chute with a bright streamer to reduce drift & find it easier in the tall grass, or maybe tie the capsule somehow to the main chute.

dwmzmm
06-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Very nice pictures! The launch/flight sequence of the Saturn 1-B was superb! Carl of
Semroc should use picture # 26 for future product promos...

CPMcGraw
06-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Very nice pictures! The launch/flight sequence of the Saturn 1-B was superb! Carl of
Semroc should use picture # 26 for future product promos...

#27-#29 look as if they came from 1967-1968 NASA imagery... :cool:

That bird just demands a cluster, doesn't it?

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I actually haven't burned any BP in about two years now. :eek:

Does this worry anyone other than myself? Am I going to sign in here some night and find that Scott's interests have undergone a change and caused a change to Ye Olde Cross Stitch Shoppe? :eek: :rolleyes: :D
Scott, I think YOU need to re-examine your priorities. I expect a flight report on my desk by next Monday. ;)

JRThro
06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I actually haven't burned any BP in about two years now. :eek:
It's been a year or maybe a little less for me.
:eek:

I'm hoping for next weekend, though.

PaulK
06-05-2007, 08:50 AM
...I actually haven't burned any BP in about two years now. :eek: ),...Life has a way of changing priorities, especially when you have children. I hope you find time to join us at a launch soon, I'd like to see some of your stuff fly.

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Life has a way of changing priorities, especially when you have children. I hope you find time to join us at a launch soon, I'd like to see some of your stuff fly.

Children have a way of making you want to get out of the house once a month even more. :D