PDA

View Full Version : pictures

ddanhra69
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I attempted to upload pics of my Saturn V and it wouldn't because the kbites or mbites were too much. It was just a plane ole picture. Why couldn't it do it? Can anyone help? I'd like to post my progress of this Saturn V. Thanks

sandman
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
How big is it? Just right click and then go to "properties" that will give you the size.

What type of file is it?

What you can do is right click on it again and go to "open with" and the pull down should list "Paint" as one of the option.

Then in "Paint" you can reduce the size a bit and save it as a jpeg.

That should work.

ddanhra69
06-06-2007, 08:07 AM
It's a jpeg. I'm sure it can be done that way, but I haven't figured it out yet. One of them is 2.4 MB. Doing it the way I was trying actually increased the size of it. I'm still lost.

Ltvscout
06-06-2007, 08:18 AM
It's a jpeg. I'm sure it can be done that way, but I haven't figured it out yet. One of them is 2.4 MB. Doing it the way I was trying actually increased the size of it. I'm still lost.
Find the option that will allow you to adjust the DPI of the picture. Reduce it to 72dpi.

sandman
06-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Open the picture in "Paint".

Got to the top of the page and click on "Image".

The second item down says "stretch/skew"

Click on that.

In the top two boxes for "stretch" it will say 100% in each.

Change those to 50% each

Then pull down "save as".

Save it as a jpeg. I usually just put it on my desktop and drag and drop it someplace else later.

Richt click on the pictures icon and go to "properties" That will tell you it's new size.

If after all that it's still too big, just open the new image in Paint and do it again until you get it a size that will upload.

pantherjon
06-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Another way to make the file size smaller is to reduce the image size..It may be sized like 1260 by 840 or something like that..I use a free program called IrfanView to resize my pictures..The top menu under 'image' then click on resize/resample..Have a check mark in the 'keep proportion' block..then type in a smaller number in the width block..it will automatically 'scale' the height proportionally..I make my images MAX 640x480..Hope I didn't confuse you! :D

ScaleNut
06-10-2007, 09:21 PM
irfanview is most excellent for this and many other things
to resize (or resample), it's just a couple clicks and your done

infact just viewing the photo in irfanview than saving it will often reduce it considerably

(and it won't result in a small picture with a bunch of space around it :rolleyes: )

http://www.irfanview.com/

plus it's free !