PDA

View Full Version : Gemini Titan - 3 Second Launch Attempt A No/Go Today

dwmzmm
06-24-2007, 11:34 PM
We had our Challenger 498 club launch today at Rushing Park near Katy, TX. I was going
to try the long awaited second launch attempt of my PDRocketry's Gemini Titan - 3, but
the wind direction & speed put a stop to any launch attempts (at least from this person).
We had a number of others flying today (bravely, I should say), including John Thro, who's
very active in this forum.

In addition to the GT-3, I was also going to give my vintage Centuri Mercury Redstone its
second launch attempt, and the very first for the Centuri 1/100 Saturn - V! Since you guys
(and gals) know how "priceless" these models are, you can understand why I decided the
no/go. We'll be planning another club launch at Rushing Park in a couple of weeks.

Below is a pic I took of these three models on my dining room table after returning home;
all the models are fully prep and ready to fly...

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-24-2007, 11:40 PM
(Bill waits patiently for John to chime in with a flight report and some pictures..............Okay, maybe not so patiently. ;))

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-24-2007, 11:42 PM
We had our Challenger 498 club launch today at Rushing Park near Katy, TX. I was going
to try the long awaited second launch attempt of my PDRocketry's Gemini Titan - 3, but
the wind direction & speed put a stop to any launch attempts (at least from this person).
We had a number of others flying today (bravely, I should say), including John Thro, who's
very active in this forum.

In addition to the GT-3, I was also going to give my vintage Centuri Mercury Redstone its
second launch attempt, and the very first for the Centuri 1/100 Saturn - V! Since you guys
(and gals) know how "priceless" these models are, you can understand why I decided the
no/go. We'll be planning another club launch at Rushing Park in a couple of weeks.

Below is a pic I took of these three models on my dining room table after returning home;
all the models are fully prep and ready to fly...

You must have been bummed. :(
As for John, he attended a Rush concert in 1976. That may still be affecting his judgement. :eek: :D ;)

dwmzmm
06-25-2007, 06:12 AM
You must have been bummed. :(
As for John, he attended a Rush concert in 1976. That may still be affecting his judgement. :eek: :D ;)

Oh, John never told me that!! ;) :eek: :p