PDA

View Full Version : Build or save?

rcbif
07-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Hello. My name is Eric and I am not new to rockets, although this is the first rocket fourm I joined. My mom recently found a rocket at a garage sale unopened for 2bux. I did some searching and found it's this model
http://home.online.no/~gibala/rockets/e-space.jpg
(not my pics found on google) but it looks old and I was wondering if it's worth anything or if I should just build it? Thanks

rcbif

sandman
07-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I'd save that one for now.

If you're new to rocketry that is a nice kit but not a first kit.

Leave it in the bag for now and get something a bit simpler. Check your local hobby shop or search here for some of the online vendors.

rcbif
07-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, I'd save that one for now.

If you're new to rocketry that is a nice kit but not a first kit.

Leave it in the bag for now and get something a bit simpler. Check your local hobby shop or search here for some of the online vendors.

I'm sure I'll have no trouble building it, I've got about 13 rockets in my room built from kits I'm just wondering if it's worth anything in the bag or if I should build it.

sandman
07-06-2007, 05:57 PM
They originally sold for $13 in 1981 when they first came out.

They are worth about $30 now.

But they sell for about $50 or $60 on Ebay. Maybe even a bit more sometimes.

So you decide.

rcbif
07-06-2007, 06:04 PM
thanks. I'm watching one on e-bay to see how it goes. I could use the money to support my rc hobby as I'm not a huge rocket collector and havent had the will to spend money on engines for a long time.

CPMcGraw
07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
thanks. I'm watching one on e-bay to see how it goes. I could use the money to support my rc hobby as I'm not a huge rocket collector and havent had the will to spend money on engines for a long time.

Have you checked out the newer Futaba SS radios? If you could find some of those ultra-tiny servos and flight packs, that might actually work out to be a reasonable RC glider. No worse than the prototype, anyway...

Foo for thought... :D

rcbif
07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
it's on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Estes-Space-Shuttle-model-rocket-kit-1284-unopened_W0QQitemZ280134108134QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem