PDA

View Full Version : Comanchee 3

ddanhra69
07-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Launched about seven rockets Sunday afternoon. All, including my newest Aerotech Mustang went really well. Except for the Comanchee 3. I don't know why the second booster didn't light, but it was doing great until then.

dwmzmm
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Launched about seven rockets Sunday afternoon. All, including my newest Aerotech Mustang went really well. Except for the Comanchee 3. I don't know why the second booster didn't light, but it was doing great until then.

More than likely, your stage's coupler(s) need vent holes (Centuri term - "passport staging"). The pressure of the gases of the forward end of the D12-0 was probably great enough that it forced the stages apart before the second stage engine could ignite. It's
happened to my first Cineroc/Omega, and I saw a Commache fail in the same manner as
you describe yours at NSL - 2004 at Hearne, TX.

Write or call Estes; more than likely they'll send you a replacement kit :D .

chanstevens
07-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah, that lack of vent holes is a killer. In our club, we refer to that as "The Comanche Effect" because it leads to failures better than 3/4 of the time unless vent holes are present. I've lost one that way, and flown one other one fine. The one I lost had one good flight and one fatal.

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
The one I lost had one good flight and one fatal.

We call that the "ChanStevens Effect". :rolleyes: ;) :D

chanstevens
07-10-2007, 07:09 AM
We call that the "ChanStevens Effect". :rolleyes: ;) :D

People who torch fields shouldn't start flame wars... :p

ghrocketman
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I would think a person known to torch fields would be the perfect candidate to start a FLAME war. :D :D :D :p :p :p

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
People who torch fields shouldn't start flame wars... :p

Is that all you've got, Trashy? :eek:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/Wallyum/ChanStevensnewprojectNothingButN-1.jpg

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I would think a person known to torch fields would be the perfect candidate to start a FLAME war. :D :D :D :p :p :p

I'm really just trying to boost Chan's post count. :D

chanstevens
07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm really just trying to boost Chan's post count. :D

Quality, not quantity...

Besides, I'm far too deep in NARAM construction right now. So many events, so little time. G-superroc? Where's that upchuck smilie from TRF when you need one?

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Quality, not quantity...

Besides, I'm far too deep in NARAM construction right now. So many events, so little time. G-superroc? Where's that upchuck smilie from TRF when you need one?

Yeah, we've had several instances where that one would have come in handy. :rolleyes: