PDA

View Full Version : Foil details for Estes Demon

harsas
02-18-2021, 10:45 PM
A friend is trying to clone the Estes Demon and he asked me where he might find the foil trim details for it. I told him I would ask, because for some reason he does not hang out here. No accounting for taste, I guess. Anyway, are there any idea where to look?

Thanks.

Earl
02-18-2021, 11:03 PM
Here is a scan of the foil wrap from my files. With ruler scale.

Earl

ghrocketman
02-19-2021, 12:25 AM
Good luck on that decal.

Tau Zero
02-19-2021, 12:35 AM
Here is a scan of the foil wrap from my files. With ruler scale.Earl,

Proof that once again... you rule, good sir. ;) :D

Bluegrass Rocket
02-19-2021, 01:10 AM
Onlinelabels.com has laser printable silver foil sticker paper. It’s what I use for my square version of the demon.

hcmbanjo
02-19-2021, 09:02 AM
You can lay down some chrome Monokote Trim -
Then set a home print clear decal over that.

I'm not able to attach pictures -
the link below shows my Saros clone with the
Monokote Trim/clear deal set on top.

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2018/04/estes-saros-k-54-build-finished.html

Earl
02-19-2021, 11:06 AM
You can lay down some chrome Monokote Trim -
Then set a home print clear decal over that.

I'm not able to attach pictures -
the link below shows my Saros clone with the
Monokote Trim/clear deal set on top.

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2018/04/estes-saros-k-54-build-finished.html

I remember reading this a few years back. Those decals turned out great. I built a vintage Saros about five years ago and I can’t really tell the difference between your decals here and my vintage ones straight from the Estes kit bag.

Earl

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-19-2021, 11:50 AM
My PDR A-20 Demon is repaired, loaded and waiting for another cornfield launch. It got damaged at the Lebanon NARAM in 2011. The heat was murder that weekend and I had several issues with rockets sitting in my car and baking. The glue failed and the engine mount blew out the back of the rocket. I replaced it this past winter and it is now E capable, so one way or another this should be an interesting flight.

harsas
02-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys. This should prove to be helpful and I will pass it on.