PDA

View Full Version : Estes Corsair #1999 Tail Cone

rosko_racer
12-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Ventured to make the tail cone for the Corsair with Microsoft 3D Builder, which is not the best program for 3D modeling but it is the one I know how to use for now. Based it on pictures found on this forum. The STL rendering is not the best as the surface does not look smooth. I have not ventured to print any of these files as my printer is down (clogged nozzle).

If anyone prints the file post your results. If I learn another 3D modeling app I may give this a try again. Enjoy!!!

- Raul

rosko_racer
12-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Toyed with the idea of incorporating a launch lug to the tail cone and here it is. The LL is for a 1/8 inch rod.

And I forgot to mentioned that the tail cone (both versions) are for 3/32 inch thick fins. The fins would have to be modified to have tabs to be glued to the internal BT-20.

Enjoy!

- Raul

rosko_racer
12-11-2021, 09:04 PM
...and something else I was toying with, an "advance" version of the tail cone. Not ready to post the STL yet but wanted to share.

- Raul

EamonnMR
12-16-2021, 07:48 PM
Thrilled to see this modeled, Corsair is a classic.

EamonnMR
04-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Here's a print I did of it. It required some fiddling to get all of the scaffolding out of the interior but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't fall apart. I'm going to sand-xtc3d-sand it and eventually hopefully use it in a Corsair build.

rosko_racer
04-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Here's a print I did of it. It required some fiddling to get all of the scaffolding out of the interior but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't fall apart. I'm going to sand-xtc3d-sand it and eventually hopefully use it in a Corsair build.

You are my hero!!! I have plans to print it soon but my printer was out of service. Now that I have a new power suply that is going to be the first thing printed. Thanks for sharing.