PDA

View Full Version : Excelsior

tbzep
08-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Just thought I'd throw out a compliment to Excelsior for some decals I recently bought. I normally do my own decals, but as we know, if you don't have an Alps, you can't do white (I don't like the white decal paper).

I built a BT-80 based Der Red Max upscale and needed decals with white, so I bought a set from Excelsior and bought a set for my Nike-X clone to practice with before going to the Max. The decals were of excellent quality.

I followed the instructions to apply Micro Sol decal set (vinegar?) before applying the decal. This worked fine for the small decals, but I wasn't able to manipulate the roll pattern decals without damaging them. On the next roll pattern, I skipped the decal set application and they went on perfectly. That's why I got the Nike-X decals instead of making my own in the first place. After the learning experience with the Nike-X, I had no problems at all putting the big roll pattern on the Red Max.

I definitely will go back to Excelsior next time I need decals with white or metallic colors!