PDA

View Full Version : Estes HBT-1090

Shreadvector
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Is anyone selling this tube (other than Estes - I may contact them if nobody else sells it)?

This is the 1 inch inside diameter tubing used on many of the E2X kits with the 3 plastic fins and the 3-segment plastic motor mount centering supports.

chanstevens
08-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Try Semroc's (or Jim Fackert/Totally Tubular's) Series 10 tubes. I think they're technically Centuri, not Estes, but are right around 1.0 ID. I have used them occasionally to slip over a heavy wall BT-50 tube, and think they fit fairly well on the 1090 nose cones I have laying around.

--Chan Stevens

Shreadvector
08-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks! That was the best match that I saw so far. I will have to try some and see how it does.

Try Semroc's (or Jim Fackert/Totally Tubular's) Series 10 tubes. I think they're technically Centuri, not Estes, but are right around 1.0 ID. I have used them occasionally to slip over a heavy wall BT-50 tube, and think they fit fairly well on the 1090 nose cones I have laying around.

--Chan Stevens

CPMcGraw
08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks! That was the best match that I saw so far. I will have to try some and see how it does.

You'll find the fit a bit loose. Just loose enough to be an issue. I used a BC-1052 nose cone to repair an Estes Delta Clipper and needed to build up the shoulder with some paper strips and the ogive with FNF to match the diameters. Not impossible, but still a bit of work.

Shreadvector
08-13-2007, 03:09 PM
You'll find the fit a bit loose. Just loose enough to be an issue. I used a BC-1052 nose cone to repair an Estes Delta Clipper and needed to build up the shoulder with some paper strips and the ogive with FNF to match the diameters. Not impossible, but still a bit of work.

In that case, my fit will be tight, since I have hundreds of tube couplers from 1090 tube. I can shave the bumps on the soulders to make them fit a bit better.

Of I can contact Estes for any tuibes that are sitting around....

barone
08-13-2007, 03:30 PM

--Chan Stevens
CHAN! I didn't know you came here!

Still got that hammer..... :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
CHAN! I didn't know you came here!

Still got that hammer..... :D

He probably keeps it in the trash can that he carries around for spot landing competitions. :rolleyes: