PDA

View Full Version : Monster Motor Color

Mark II
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi there.

Well, better late than never, I finally got around to getting a Rouse-Tech Monster motor :D , the 38/120 RMS system. I am really looking forward to flying some of my bigger, heavier stuff on big G reloads such as a G67R redline or even a G69N Warp Nine :cool: . (I'll have to get electronics for that last one, though. Shucks. :D ) The short, fat guy (the motor, that is) confirms everything that I have heard about Rouse-Tech hardware; it's a beautifully machined and finished article. In fact, I haven't put it down since I took it out of the box early this afternoon. It also has lovely, richly colored anodizing. There's just one thing about it that was totally unexpected -- it's BLUE! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I really, really like the look, but what gives? I thought that their 38 mm motors (and their 29 mm and 54 mm motors as well) were all GOLD in color (confirmed by a check of R-T's website). As I said, I'm not complaining - it was just, well, unexpected.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, this is hardly earth-shaking. Has R-T changed their color schemes?

Mark K.

Shreadvector
08-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Extensive discussion/polling on The Rocketry Forum led to the blue color. Gold is not easy to see in dry straw/dry weeds/dry lakebed. Blue was chosen....

Hi there.

Well, better late than never, I finally got around to getting a Rouse-Tech Monster motor :D , the 38/120 RMS system. I am really looking forward to flying some of my bigger, heavier stuff on big G reloads such as a G67R redline or even a G69N Warp Nine :cool: . (I'll have to get electronics for that last one, though. Shucks. :D ) The short, fat guy (the motor, that is) confirms everything that I have heard about Rouse-Tech hardware; it's a beautifully machined and finished article. In fact, I haven't put it down since I took it out of the box early this afternoon. It also has lovely, richly colored anodizing. There's just one thing about it that was totally unexpected -- it's BLUE! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I really, really like the look, but what gives? I thought that their 38 mm motors (and their 29 mm and 54 mm motors as well) were all GOLD in color (confirmed by a check of R-T's website). As I said, I'm not complaining - it was just, well, unexpected.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, this is hardly earth-shaking. Has R-T changed their color schemes?

Mark K.

Mark II
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Extensive discussion/polling on The Rocketry Forum led to the blue color. Gold is not easy to see in dry straw/dry weeds/dry lakebed. Blue was chosen....
Mystery solved...thanks!

But then, why would you need to be able to see your motor against a background of straw/dry weeds/dry lakebed ? :confused: ... Oh! Right! OK, never mind. :o

Looks like I ought to start logging in to TRF more often - more than once every 6 mos. or so, at least. :eek:

Mark K.

(No one ever actually loses these things, do they? Nah!!)

snaquin
08-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Mystery solved...thanks!

But then, why would you need to be able to see your motor against a background of straw/dry weeds/dry lakebed ? :confused: ... Oh! Right! OK, never mind. :o

Looks like I ought to start logging in to TRF more often - more than once every 6 mos. or so, at least. :eek:

Mark K.

(No one ever actually loses these things, do they? Nah!!)

I bought my four 24mm and 29mm motors when RT first released them, all of mine are gold in these sizes. If I ever kick one out at our Winnsboro field I'll probably have a hard time finding them since our field is a cut down cotton field (straw/dry weeds) ;)

I've been lucky over the years. The only reload motor I ever lost was my 38/600 at the 1996 LDRS site at Orangeburg, SC. Left it hanging in the top of a very tall pine tree .....

Mark II
08-16-2007, 01:29 AM
I bought my four 24mm and 29mm motors when RT first released them, all of mine are gold in these sizes. If I ever kick one out at our Winnsboro field I'll probably have a hard time finding them since our field is a cut down cotton field (straw/dry weeds) ;)

I've been lucky over the years. The only reload motor I ever lost was my 38/600 at the 1996 LDRS site at Orangeburg, SC. Left it hanging in the top of a very tall pine tree .....

Hmmm... I'll hazard a guess and say that the casing color wasn't really a factor there? ;)

Mark K.