PDA

View Full Version : Estes Citation Bomarc on Ebay

scigs30
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I did a buy it now on Ebay for the Estes Citation Bomarc. Looks to be in good condition. I payed 49.00. That is cheaper than the other Bomarc I bought on ebay some time back.

Ltvscout
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I did a buy it now on Ebay for the Estes Citation Bomarc. Looks to be in good condition. I payed 49.00. That is cheaper than the other Bomarc I bought on ebay some time back.
Send us the link so we can see what you got!

scigs30
08-25-2007, 10:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270159148738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Ltvscout
08-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Great find! You have to be on eBay at just the right time to catch those Buy it Now deals. I've lucked out and gotten some in the past, but they're few and far between.

I see you even got the original release Citation Bomarc that has the motors in it. Later boxed Citation models did not include the motors.

So, are you going to build this one too? If you have another, I'd probably keep this since it's an original release with the motors/wadding.

scigs30
08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't think I will build this just because I have the newer Bomarc version with the parachute and white nose cone. I will build the newer one some day.....Actually I don't know why I bought this, the price just looked too good.

Ltvscout
08-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Actually I don't know why I bought this, the price just looked too good.
And so it was... ;)

dwmzmm
08-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Actually I don't know why I bought this.....

Because you're addicted to this hobby, plain and simple.... :p

scigs30
08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Because you're addicted to this hobby, plain and simple.... :p
Ain't that the truth.....I have collected over 200 Estes rockets in a year. Thats seems like a lot. All I need is, Delux Der Red Max, Condor, Quasar, Kadet, little John, Mars Snooper II, Stiletto, Black Brant III, A-20 Demon,Shrike. Then I will be done.

Bruce Temple
08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
That's a first version with the colored Vac-formed NC=rare bird. From what I understand there were three nose cone changes to the Citation Bomarc. The other two BNC's. Great BIN price!

Cheers, Bruce

PaulK
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Great find scigs - I think we all would have jumped at that one - the copper colored vac-form cone is indeed the treasure. And it came with the B-2 engines as well? I can't imagine really flying this thing on a B.

scigs30
08-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Just bought me the Delux Der Red Max......I am closer to my 1979 collection goal.

John Brohm
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
.....I have collected over 200 Estes rockets in a year. ... All I need is <some kits snipped> . Then I will be done.

!!!

My wife would say "famous last words". At one point some years ago, I thought my collection would be done. Well, that was then, and this is now!

scigs30
08-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I get the same feeling. I think after I finish the 1979 catalog, I bet I will work on the early 80's. I don't see me collecting much of the newer rockets of 90's. Who knows we'll have to see. I am also trying to buy another Alps printer for decals.

Rocket Doctor
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
What kits are you looking for??

foose4string
08-28-2007, 12:44 PM
SCIG, you probably already saw it, but there is a BBIII listed at the moment. Black Brant 3 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTES-BLACK-BRANT-3-VINTAGE-RARE-OOP-NIB_W0QQitemZ150155677291QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I thought you said you weren't going to do the scale models? There's still the Saturn V and Pershing 1A to go. ;)

scigs30
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
What kits are you looking for??
Delux Der Red Max, Condor, Quasar, Kadet, little John, Mars Snooper II, Stiletto, Black Brant III, A-20 Demon,Shrike. Then I will be done.

Yes I see the Black Brant, thank you.

mrhemi1971
08-29-2007, 05:54 AM
If you come across 2 of those Kadet models let me know, I'm looking for one as well, I have a great story to tell about that model.....

Rocket Doctor
08-29-2007, 06:30 AM
I will check my list, I might have a Kadet or two. Send me a pvt email.

space_bus
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
scigs30 -- I've enjoyed your '79 catalog build threads over at TRF. Nice project.

The '78 catalog was the one that I spent the most time obsessing over. It was the year I started building (5 years old) and the oldest catalog we had (I may still have it in a box somewhere). For some reason, we didn't get another catalog until '81 (which also had some cool kits), but the '78 catalog was the one I lamented the most for missed opportunities. So, I can relate to your project although I doubt I'll try to build the entire '78 catalog.

I've been a BAR for a little more than a month after my dad gave my son a starter kit for his birthday (he's got a handful of RTF and E2X kits now). My original interest in model rockets lasted until about '89 and I had a short-lived BAR period in '95 introducing my future wife to the hobby (still have the unbuilt Solar Sailor II, Shadow, Starship Enterprise re-issue, and am in the middle of building the Tornado I bought in '95 ... along with all of my wife's built kits (Dagger, Zinger, Maniac)). I'm also in the middle of some clone projects (Avenger, Goblin (one standard and one with 3x13mm cluster), Mini Bertha, and Wolverine (waiting for Excelsior decals (and the Wolverine paper canopy) for these last two)) plus have several new kits and parts for clones that will keep me busy for the next few months.

By the way, the Estes Kadet was one of the first half-dozen or so kits that I built. It came down like a rock on that streamer and developed a body tube dent after its first flight that only got worse the more I flew it. It managed to last a long time despite the beatings (and I still have the Kadet's nose cone with the streamer tied to it in my box o' parts (which I'm considering using if I get around to re-cloning the Little John I just lost to a rocket-devouring tree the other day)), but the Kadet is a rocket would probably stay in better shape on a 12" chute (provided it doesn't drift into a rocket-devouring tree).

(Oh, and don't forget you need to include the Estes 'Original Design' to complete your '79 catalog build. ;) )

mrhemi1971
09-06-2007, 04:06 PM
scigs30 -- I've enjoyed your '79 catalog build threads over at TRF. Nice project.

The '78 catalog was the one that I spent the most time obsessing over. It was the year I started building (5 years old) and the oldest catalog we had (I may still have it in a box somewhere). For some reason, we didn't get another catalog until '81 (which also had some cool kits), but the '78 catalog was the one I lamented the most for missed opportunities. So, I can relate to your project although I doubt I'll try to build the entire '78 catalog.

I've been a BAR for a little more than a month after my dad gave my son a starter kit for his birthday (he's got a handful of RTF and E2X kits now). My original interest in model rockets lasted until about '89 and I had a short-lived BAR period in '95 introducing my future wife to the hobby (still have the unbuilt Solar Sailor II, Shadow, Starship Enterprise re-issue, and am in the middle of building the Tornado I bought in '95 ... along with all of my wife's built kits (Dagger, Zinger, Maniac)). I'm also in the middle of some clone projects (Avenger, Goblin (one standard and one with 3x13mm cluster), Mini Bertha, and Wolverine (waiting for Excelsior decals (and the Wolverine paper canopy) for these last two)) plus have several new kits and parts for clones that will keep me busy for the next few months.

By the way, the Estes Kadet was one of the first half-dozen or so kits that I built. It came down like a rock on that streamer and developed a body tube dent after its first flight that only got worse the more I flew it. It managed to last a long time despite the beatings (and I still have the Kadet's nose cone with the streamer tied to it in my box o' parts (which I'm considering using if I get around to re-cloning the Little John I just lost to a rocket-devouring tree the other day)), but the Kadet is a rocket would probably stay in better shape on a 12" chute (provided it doesn't drift into a rocket-devouring tree).

(Oh, and don't forget you need to include the Estes 'Original Design' to complete your '79 catalog build. ;) )

I used to fly mine on both a dual streamer or a 12 inch 'chute. If I ever get another one i'm gonna share one of the greatest model rocket stories, believe me you'll want to enjoy it!

PaulK
09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I've been a BAR for a little more than a month after my dad gave my son a starter kit for his birthday (he's got a handful of RTF and E2X kits now). Funny how that happens - my brother gave my son a starter kit for christmas almost 3 years ago. I hadn't the least interst in rockets for close to 30 years... That was the trigger that caused my downfall. :eek: