PDA

View Full Version : Oracle (Estes)

ddanhra69
09-01-2007, 07:40 PM
I loaded all the software for the Video nosecone today. I really thought it'd have sound. I've seen some video of rear facing video with sound. How do they do that?

mrhemi1971
09-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I think that video had a mic near the launch pad, I dont think the oracle has any sound at all..

Gus
09-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Much of the video out there, with sound, was shot with a Booster Vision camera and receiver.

I have one and love it.

Booster Vision is currently selling the basic system for $75 but be aware you will need to provide a power source for the receiver (a battery holder and plug from Radio Shack, plus 8 AA batteries) and a camera or VCR for the receiver to plug into to record the video. Really a great system, and amazingly rugged. Very high quality video and sound for such a cheap little system.

BoosterVision.com (http://www.boostervision.com/boostervision/default.asp)

Royatl
09-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I loaded all the software for the Video nosecone today. I really thought it'd have sound. I've seen some video of rear facing video with sound. How do they do that?

There's BoosterVision for some people, which consists of a camera with transmitter, and a ground based receiver plugged into a camcorder.

For others there are various pen cameras and such which, like the Oracle, have memory to store video. The one I use is the Multipod 5-in-1, which is no longer available. See www.multipod5in1.com . Others have adapted various Aiptek cameras; still others have adapted a pretty nice camera available cheaply at CVS pharmacy -- http://www.csh.rit.edu/~soup/cvscam/

mrhemi1971
09-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Anybody have an idea of who makes the CVS camera? What brand it is? I like the idea of a self contained unit with sound.

tfischer
09-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Anybody have an idea of who makes the CVS camera? What brand it is? I like the idea of a self contained unit with sound.

(I know this post is almost a month old, but I just found it...)

Pure Digital (www.puredigitalinc.com) makes these cameras for CVS, Ritz, and the like.

-Tim

P.S. I'm really interested in a cam solution for next spring. I'm leaning toward something Boostervision-like...