PDA

View Full Version : Doc

ddanhra69
09-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Doc, could you look at my posts for Mission Control, under 9/9/07? I may have put them here, since I'm having a problem. Thanks.

Rocket Doctor
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Doc, could you look at my posts for Mission Control, under 9/9/07? I may have put them here, since I'm having a problem. Thanks.

Contact Scott (ltvscout) who can help you out with posts.

ddanhra69
09-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Rocket Doctor, could you look at those posts? Mission Control, 9/9/07.

Rocket Doctor
09-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Rocket Doctor, could you look at those posts? Mission Control, 9/9/07.

Which one in particlar???

Solomoriah
09-10-2007, 07:51 AM
ddanhra69, what does that thread have to do with the Rocket Doctor? I can't see it.

ddanhra69
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Moisture in the engines, failed ignition and wondering if the labyrinth system could wind up causing no ejection. Sorry, but I thought maybe those were things the Rocket Doctor could help with. I know you're suppose to use a wire with a hook to "fluff" up the cooling mesh and dump out any debris, but I don't want to lose any more rockets due to no ejection. I've always tried to mess with the mesh ( dig into it, pull it back), my Mustang was only 6 flights old. How can my house or Florida be THAT wet that in 7-10 days the engine is wet. I was referring to the original thread in mission control, 9/9/07 launch.

Solomoriah
09-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Ah, I see. Rocket Doctor is our resident ex-Estes employee; as I understand it (and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong), he's here to share his knowledge of Estes and his perspective on the model rocketry business (and, of course, his opinions on all of that). He's not here to fix our problems, despite his handle.

Royatl
09-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Moisture in the engines, failed ignition and wondering if the labyrinth system could wind up causing no ejection. Sorry, but I thought maybe those were things the Rocket Doctor could help with. I know you're suppose to use a wire with a hook to "fluff" up the cooling mesh and dump out any debris, but I don't want to lose any more rockets due to no ejection. I've always tried to mess with the mesh ( dig into it, pull it back), my Mustang was only 6 flights old. How can my house or Florida be THAT wet that in 7-10 days the engine is wet. I was referring to the original thread in mission control, 9/9/07 launch.

Initiator001 could probably handle that question better, as he's the designer of... the Initiator (as well as a few other Aerotech rockets)

Ltvscout
09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
He's not here to fix our problems, despite his handle.
Actually, he is here to help us with our problems. He has 40+ years of experience under his belt to be able to help us out with questions we may have. That is why he and I put this sub-forum here. It's not an Estes bash forum.

Solomoriah
09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
My apologies... I didn't mean to imply that it is an Estes bashing forum. Though I feel like doing just that rather frequently...

ddanhra69
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Okay, i'll hope that anyone that can help will read these trouble posts. I took another look at the Mustang today. To my surprise, it looks repairable. The fin is really no different than what happened to my Strong Arm. I think the small tubing damage at the nose can be fixed by wrapping. It'll have battle scars, but hey? As far as engines and moisture go, I'm just not loading them until I think I'm very ready. The ones that the package is opened, (3 pack) I'm storing in a vacuum with silica gel stuff. I'm still monitoring, to notice if there's any drying going on. Looks like it to me.

Rocket Doctor
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Initiator001 could probably handle that question better, as he's the designer of... the Initiator (as well as a few other Aerotech rockets)

Roy is correct, Initiator001 would be the guy to contact.

I was a marketing consultant, not a regular employee.

Were not here to bash Estes, rather to discuss issues.

If it's Estes related, I can probably help you out or get an answer.

If the question relates to the inner workings of Estes, sorry, I cannot do that. Other companies would not like their information public, and, out of respect for Estes, there are certain questions that I will not discuss and I hope all of you understand that.