PDA

View Full Version : Estes Catalogs 1999-2007

CraigF
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Anybody know a source for these at reasonable prices?

I also have a bunch from the 80s and 90s I could trade instead, they are "new"/unused.

Thanks.

barone
09-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Here's one up for auction on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTES-2007-flying-model-rocket-catalog_W0QQitemZ220155116888QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But, you can get them for free at Hobby Lobby. Not one near you? Let me know and I'll pick one up for you....cost.....just postage. How's that sound?

CraigF
09-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks a lot, but let me see if I get the 2007 cat in an order I placed yesterday first. I'm just not sure they'll send it, so was trying to cover for that year JIC.

Was thinking somebody may have a bunch of spares for several recent years. Most stores around here haven't regularly been getting Estes catalogs for years for some reason.

Rocket Doctor
09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
You can request a 2007 Estes catalog by calling Estes customer service, 1-800-525-7561 X 216, ask Christine to send you one. If they don't have one PM, I will send one to you for FREE !!!!

Initiator001
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Estes did not produce a printed consumer catalog for 1999, 2000.

A year 2000 catalog was available for downloading from the Estes website that year.

There was a 2001 catalog but it was an 8"x11" brochure more than a catalog.

Bob

CraigF
09-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks for that, I was wondering about those years, and figured someone would mention it! :)

Thanks for the 07 offers, but first let's see if I get sent one by the dealer. When does Estes typically release new cats, like when would I expect 08 published (and not be able to get 07 from them)?

pantherjon
09-29-2007, 12:53 AM
I am trying to remember but it wasn't until like almost May that the '07 catalog was released?:confused: I can't remember exactly, but I think it was a foretelling of the lateness of releasing things that seem to plague them now...

Rocket Doctor
09-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Thanks for that, I was wondering about those years, and figured someone would mention it! :)

Thanks for the 07 offers, but first let's see if I get sent one by the dealer. When does Estes typically release new cats, like when would I expect 08 published (and not be able to get 07 from them)?

The 2007 catalog came out early April. It usually comes out around March, but, because of personnel changes at Estes this year, it was delayed.

There was alot of discussion about the 2007 on the Former Estes Forum which shut down on April 21st.

The years thata print catalog wasn't available was because Estes felt that consumers wanted a catalog online, boy, weren't they wrong. I told them over and over again to bring back the print catalog again, finally, they brought it back out.

FYI In the 2007 catalog, the Der Red Max (0651 pg 22) , D-Region Tomahawk (2037 pg 26) and the Super Neon (2050 pg 26) were not supposed to be in the catalog.

I suggested that at least the Der Red Max release announcement be posted on the Estes Forum and caught flack about it. Even the brass didn't know it until the catalog actually came out.

Usually, alot of new and bring backs don't appear in the catalog because kits are released throughout the year. it use to be kits were released all at the same time, not anymore.

The 1350 Interceptor is way behind, should have been out at least two months ago.

Ltvscout
09-29-2007, 10:43 AM
FYI In the 2007 catalog, the Der Red Max (0651 pg 22) , D-Region Tomahawk (2037 pg 26) and the Super Neon (2050 pg 26) were not supposed to be in the catalog.

I suggested that at least the Der Red Max release announcement be posted on the Estes Forum and caught flack about it. Even the brass didn't know it until the catalog actually came out.
Actually, like all of there other new releases for the past number of years, I announced it before anyone else, including Estes. ;)

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1518

No, my source will never be revealed. :D

Ltvscout
09-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Anybody know a source for these at reasonable prices?

I also have a bunch from the 80s and 90s I could trade instead, they are "new"/unused.

Thanks.
Craig,

I may have some extra 2003, 2005 and 2006 catalogs. I'll take a look.

Rocket Doctor
09-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Actually, like all of there other new releases for the past number of years, I announced it before anyone else, including Estes. ;)

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=1518

No, my source will never be revealed. :D

I knew but couldn't say, the distributors knew , and those who actually worked on the projects knew , but there still more surprises to come yet if they keep to their original plan.

And once again, everyone will wait and wait and wait again, makes no sense.

Interceptor 1350 by Nov ?????

tbzep
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
AC Supply included a 2007 catalog with my order this week. They have the best motor prices I've seen and you get free shipping with over $100....easy to do with a couple of Interceptors, some C11's and a bulk pack or two. ;)

CraigF
09-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Actually, it just happened to be AC Supply I had ordered from and they said they'd put a catalog in.

I was surely over $100, but no free shipping to Canada, no "credit" even, even though it costs just a bit more.

I have bought many kits from U.S. dealers over the years, and they have all been good. AC Supply is probably the place I've ordered from least, but only because I discovered them last! They were good about coming through with Estes stuff that the other dealers weren't getting stock on, so they must have good connections or else buy a lot??

I like the printed catalogs too. I keep them beside my workbenches. I much prefer to flip through pages than to look online, but online is fine for "research". I'm a book person I guess. The online resources seem to be MUCH better now than 10 years ago though.

Edit: nobody here has 21st century traders?? :D My traders are 80/81/83/97/98 new, or many other 80s/90s "lightly viewed" and undamaged/unmarked but I can't honestly say unused. Thanks.

Brian L Raney
10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Normally, I just download the catalog in PDF form. I get at least one catalog from some retailer or mail-order house throughout the year. Estes was late with their PDF this year, and with all the rumors of all the bring-backs, I asked Sandra on Wednesday, March 7 to send me out a printed catalog, which I got the following Monday. Estes didn't come out with their official PDF until mid April.

Rocket Doctor
10-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The catalogs came out alittle late because a shortage of employees in marketing.o, alot of time was being spent on setting up the forum and updating the Estes web site as well.

All of this too time and with only one web master, priorities had to be set.

Usually the catalog does not contain alot of the new releases, as a matter of fact, Der Red Max was not supposed to be in the 2007 catalog.

I was told not to mention DRM, then, when the catalog came out, there it was.