PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Project

F_O_G
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I am doing a rocket project for school and I was wondering where the best place to buy rockets. The wal*mart here doesn't sell any so I would have to get them off the internet. I need one of each skill level.

any help?

tfischer
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I am doing a rocket project for school and I was wondering where the best place to buy rockets. The wal*mart here doesn't sell any so I would have to get them off the internet. I need one of each skill level.

any help?

Welcome,

First of all, see if you have a local hobby shop that you can frequent.

Secondly, there are numerous sources of rockets and supplies on the web, and a good number of them are contributors to this forum. Googling "Model Rockets" gives you a lot of leads, as does checking out the 'vendors' forum here.

Good Luck,
-Tim

F_O_G
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I dont have a hobby store any where near here and I already odered off the internet but it is taking to long.

tfischer
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I dont have a hobby store any where near here and I already odered off the internet but it is taking to long.

Not quite sure what you're asking. What's you're turn-around time, etc?

Also, if you list your location, maybe someone from/familiar with the area can help you find a local source...

-Tim

F_O_G
10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I was asking about the internet (sorry).

My order is finally shipped so it shouldn't take to long.

I live in the flathead area of Montana.

My project is due at the end of the semester and it is already midterm.

tfischer
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I was asking about the internet (sorry).

I know you were, but then you said it was going to take too long to have something shipped :p .

Anyway, good luck with your project. Take some pics of the buid and keep us posted on your progress!

-Tim

F_O_G
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I meant... now you've got me mixed up :rolleyes: .

I'll just revise the question:
Where is the best place to buy off the internet that has fast shipping and low prices that has good rockets? or is a website like that just make-believe?

Pyro Pro
10-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Semroc and Fliskits both have lots of kits, as well as parts (and fast shipping), though they are both on the east coast:

www.Fliskits.com
www.Semroc.com

Solomoriah
10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Jonrocket.com and UncleMikesRocketShack.com have both served me well in the past. I ordered from Semroc and UMRS on the same day, and got my goodies on the same day, 3 business days later.

YMMV.

caheaton
10-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I've had very fast service from www.brshobbies.com (but I do live only 40 miles or so away from him here in Ohio ;) ). I've also gotten fast service from www.hobbylinc.com and www.apogeerockets.com . One thing to be aware, if your order includes engines that will slow it down considerably as they must be shipped by USPS Parcel Post. Without motors they can ship Priority Mail or UPS (much faster).

A good local source for motors and kits is Hobby Lobby and Michael's (not sure if they're in Montana). Look for the 40% off coupons on HL's web site and Michael's coupon in the Sunday newspapers...without them you are paying full retail. As others have suggested, you might want to look up hobby shops in the yellow pages and make a few phone calls. Also, check for any local clubs from the NAR's web site (www.nar.org). They should list any local clubs in your area. You could then contact them and ask about good local sources for rockets and motors. You might even be able to obtain some from a club member who lives nearby.

Just some ideas....keep in touch and let us know how your project is coming along, and if we can be of any help just ask!

Craig

tfischer
10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Our local Michaels (just opened about a year ago) doesn't carry rockets or supplies. They kind of looked at me funny when I asked where they were...

-Tim

F_O_G
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
The only thing I've ordered off the internet was a web-domain.

My teacher only uses a credit card if there is a security icon in the corner (a little eye) otherwise it is money orders, which takes alot of time to go through the mail.

F_O_G
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I know where a Michaels is near here. We aren't that isolated, but maybe a little. But I did have to search the internet.

Ahhhh...The power of Google :D .

F_O_G
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I am completely done with the seeker.

I've just got done priming the Gaurdian and the blackbird, can't finish today, to much snow outside.