PDA

View Full Version : Estes titan mercury or titan 2 nose cones.

mrhemi1971
10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey folks! anybody have one of these cones laying around that they'd part with? I'd like to clone the kits (with the way prices are on E-Blah, I cant afford to get one right now) also looking for the plastic fin sections they used with these kits too.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I'm putting a display together for my Civil Air Patrol squadron, and my cadets love to see things in the classroom, then see it fly later on...

Thanks!!!

barone
10-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey folks! anybody have one of these cones laying around that they'd part with? I'd like to clone the kits (with the way prices are on E-Blah, I cant afford to get one right now) also looking for the plastic fin sections they used with these kits too.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I'm putting a display together for my Civil Air Patrol squadron, and my cadets love to see things in the classroom, then see it fly later on...

Thanks!!!
Well...it was a Titan-Gemini vice Titan Mercury. You might be able to get the parts from Estes still. Try them first. Customer service....I don't have the number but it's posted here somewhere. Do a serch for Estes Customer service.

mrhemi1971
10-13-2007, 05:44 AM
How right you are! It was gemini, not mercury. I have mercury on the brain, I'm bulding 3 of the mercury redstone kits, and building one of the HUGE MRC mercury capsules right now.

But the cones I'm looking for are the Titan GEMINI and the Titan II nose cones and or tail sections too. Thanks!!

mojo1986
10-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Ryan.............are you talking about plastic nose cones or balsa?

Joe

dwmzmm
10-13-2007, 06:50 AM
If you're talking about the balsa Gemini nosecone, as the one that came with the Gemini
Titan kit, BMS has it. PDRocketry has an excellent clone of that same kit. This is if you're
looking for one in that scale.

mperdue
10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
... and building one of the HUGE MRC mercury capsules right now.
That MRC kit can be used to build a really nice Mercury-Redstone. The details are in the September/October issue of LAUNCH Magazine (http://launchmagonline.com) .

Vanel
10-13-2007, 09:47 AM
If you're talking about the balsa Gemini nosecone, as the one that came with the Gemini
Titan kit, BMS has it. PDRocketry has an excellent clone of that same kit. This is if you're
looking for one in that scale.

Semroc also has a very nice BT-60 Gemini-Titan capsule - Part # BNC-60AB. Carl's fine work usually requires less finishing than is involved for the BMS parts.

A fact which is very important if you dislike sanding :D

ghrocketman
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I think he is looking for the later plastic nose-coned Gemini Titan and Titan II missile cones and the "twist-lok" clear fin units those kits used.
Both are commanding quite high prices now on eBay.
The MX missile kit can sometimes be found for cheaper prices and it used the same clear fin unit.

The fin unit on these I found to be extremely fragile.

mrhemi1971
10-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm looking fo the molded plastic nose cones used in the later (mid 80's ) kits. I have the body tubes and everything else, just need the cones and fin sections and I'll be good to go.

duobob
10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Mike at Molding oldies had them but I dont know if he is open anymore. I think I might have a extra of his (I'll have to look) also is the clear twist lock fincan the same one the Beta launch vechicle used if so there is one of those at a hobby shop I got to some times for $15

mrhemi1971
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi Mike at Molding oldies had them but I dont know if he is open anymore. I think I might have a extra of his (I'll have to look) also is the clear twist lock fincan the same one the Beta launch vechicle used if so there is one of those at a hobby shop I got to some times for $15

Let me know if that kit is still there. If you'd be willing to pick it up, I'd glady pay you. I really appreciate it!

mrhemi1971
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Still looking. If anybody even has ones that are restorable ( painted a bunch) let me know. I have the body tubes and the nozzle sections, even decals! but no nose cones. PLEASE HELP! I cant afford the stupid prices on E-bay for something I only need the cones for.

Questor
02-29-2008, 06:19 PM
There are some bt-60 size Estes balsa cones available on Ebay of the Titan Gemini for a reasonable price (Start at $1.95).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-Estes-Nose-Cone-BNC-60AB-Capsule_W0QQitemZ290210605576QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mrhemi1971
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I saw them, and if I had to go for balsa cones, I'd get them from Carl at Semroc. I'd really like to get the plastic ones though. the level of detail was quite good on them.