PDA

View Full Version : Early Alpha kit wanted

Phred
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
OK, Guys, I have been working some overtime at work, so I am looking to purchase a kit I have been searching for for some time: A pre-Damon ALPHA. I know that the ALPHA was first listed in the 1967 ESTES catalog. The oldest kit I have been able to collect so far has a pre-Damon facecard, with a post Damon hang tag. So... I am looking for either an ALPHA kit with a pre-damon facecard and pre-damon hang tag, or an earlier 'bagged' kit that is pre-hang tag, where a portion of the instructions take the place of a facecard. I have the instructions from this original version, (see below) but no kit. I know this will not be cheap, but I have been looking for years now...

If anyone has one of the above two versions of the Alpha, an would be willing to part with it, please send me a PM.

Thanks!!

Phred

mojo1986
10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Phred, that exact kit went on Ebay a day or two ago for (I think) $28.00. Contact Leo for a photo of the kit.

Joe

PS..............Leo, that was rude!

Phred
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah... I found it. I have no idea how I missed this one as I am always searching for this kit. For those who want to look at it, It is ebay #: 130159522764

Phred

mojo1986
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I was watching it, but I forgot to bid! How come that never happens to me!

Joe

Leo
10-15-2007, 01:37 AM

PS..............Leo, that was rude!

With all due respect but your comment is absolutely uncalled for!

mojo1986
10-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Gosh, Leo, no offense intended! It was just my (kidding) way of pointing out what a great price you got on the kit! I had intended to bid and forgot about it, and when I checked back on the completed auction I couldn't believe that you got a kit worth $100 or so for just $28. Maybe I should have said 'congratulations' instead? Again, Leo, absolutely no offense intended and my apologies if you took it the wrong way!

Joe

Leo
10-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Ok Joe, understood.

You did shock me their for a second. I was trying to understand why the harsh words.

For me it came across like:

How dare you for not telling anyone in this forum about the auction!

or

How dare you bid on it because you have enough rockets already!

or whatever else similar that comes to mind.

Please keep in mind that we are not standing eye to eye in front of each other over the internet. Therefore we cannot see each others facial expression. You did not use any smilies to indicate your expression with your comment therefore it comes across as you wrote it.
Also realize that this forum is international as not only US modelers are reading / posting here.

However, now I know what you were trying to say.

Apologie accepted :)

Ltvscout
10-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Gosh, Leo, no offense intended! It was just my (kidding) way of pointing out what a great price you got on the kit!
That's one of the problems with communicating via an electronic medium. People don't always understand your tone. Something that would be obvious when talking face-to-face doesn't always come across right in typed words. Emoticons help, but not all the time. I've gotten burned via something I've said online many a time because people took what I said the wrong way.

I know, hard to believe, hey? :D

mojo1986
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Well, guys, I've never used those little facial expressions because I didn't know how to, but it looks like I will have to learn for the future. Yes, Leo and Scott, your points are well taken. In the future I will have to make it more obvious when I am kidding with someone. So Leo, congratulations on getting an absolute steal ;) on a really wonderful old Estes kit! I believe that one dates to the mid- to late-sixties.

Joe

PS..............Leo, I tried a facial expression after the word 'steal', and I hope it works, but if not, again, no offense.

Phred
10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I have learned all of this stuff tha hard way myself! :( I now use those little smileys quite liberally.... :rolleyes:

BTW: Leo is going to hang on to his kit for now, so I am still looking for both this bagged kit, and the pre-damon hang-tag kit.

Phred

Doug Sams
10-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I have learned all of this stuff tha hard way myself! :( I now use those little smileys quite liberally.... :rolleyes: When I first started seeing emoticons years ago, I thought they were childish. Now I can't type without them. I'm such a smart-@$$ that if I don't clue the reader with them, people will be looking to dot my eye http://home.flash.net/~samily/stuff/blkeye2b.gif

Doug

Carl@Semroc
10-15-2007, 11:23 PM
..., people will be looking to dot my eye http://home.flash.net/~samily/stuff/blkeye2b.gif

DougOuch! That is almost as bad as getting your Tee's crossed. :D