PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Starfire

Carl@Semroc
10-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Sheryl has the Starfire online now. Still working on a few more releases before a more general announcement.

Groonies or Grownies?

Initiator001
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Doggone it, Carl!

All the years I have spent to track down classic, unbuilt model rockets and overpay on many of them just to make sure I will have a kit in case I want to build it, someday.

You're making it too easy! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Bob

PS: Enerjet kits, Enerjet kits, Enerjet kits...

Pyro Pro
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Hmmm... It doesn't seem to be showing up for me, just the instructions and parts kit (Though all the parts are up now). :confused:

barone
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
PS: FSI kits, FSI kits, FSI kits...
:D :D :D

Ltvscout
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Sheryl has the Starfire online now. Still working on a few more releases before a more general announcement.
I'd prefer to order multiple kits at once instead of onesie, twosie. Could you "reserve" a low number kit for me for my collection of the Starfire and I'll then wait for the other new releases and place one order for all?

Eagle3
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
I'd prefer to order multiple kits at once instead of onesie, twosie. Could you "reserve" a low number kit for me for my collection of the Starfire and I'll then wait for the other new releases and place one order for all?

Same here if it's possible.

Thanks

foose4string
10-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Hmmm... It doesn't seem to be showing up for me, just the instructions and parts kit (Though all the parts are up now). :confused:

I'm not seeing the kit either. Looks like it's getting near time for another Semroc order :). Can't wait!

Eagle3
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Starfire is up. Couldn't resist ordering it now and another VF-261. :D

snaquin
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
:D :D :D

That was sneaky Don!

:D

PS: Enerjet kits, Enerjet kits, Enerjet kits... & FSI kits, FSI kits, FSI kits...

foose4string
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm gonna hold off and make one order also. I like the boat tail on this one. How long before the other releases, any idea? No pressure. :D

barone
10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I like to make as many orders as possible so I just went ahead and ordered one....besides....I needed some parts.... :D

Chas Russell
10-30-2007, 08:23 AM
My younger brother built a Starfire back in '68 (we started the year before). He did a pretty good job on it considering the boat-tail. I ordered two kits so that I will have one for him, if he wants it...
Needed a couple of parts anyway...

Chas

chanstevens
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
The mailman just dropped off #9 and an non-numbered that I'll build. I had no idea about the background on this--very nice model, sweet boattail, and does look like it could be a decent competition model.

Now if only I could get a decent Semroc motor to put in it...

Chas Russell
11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, Chan! I only got #10 and an unnumbered kit. I guess Sheryl likes you best!
Seriously, this was a late '60s Centuri kit (see my comment before yours). It placed in an internats contest, but I doubt that the boat-tail was the "key" factor. Still, it has been a kit on my radar, but with the queue and flying contests, it was not high on a clone list for me.
Really needs a SEMROC B4-6 motor to make it a winner...

Chas

snaquin
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
..... Groonies or Grownies?

Goonybirds for Grown-ups?

:confused:

Eagle3
11-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Wow, Chan! I only got #10 and an unnumbered kit. I guess Sheryl likes you best!
Seriously, this was a late '60s Centuri kit (see my comment before yours). It placed in an internats contest, but I doubt that the boat-tail was the "key" factor. Still, it has been a kit on my radar, but with the queue and flying contests, it was not high on a clone list for me.
Really needs a SEMROC B4-6 motor to make it a winner...

Chas

#8 guys. Mom loves me best. ;)

Carl, are you talking SLS Goonies with 29mm mtr mounts?

Buzz

Chas Russell
11-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Buzz buzzed in to taunt:

"#8 guys. Mom loves me best. "

Actually, it seems that Sheryl loves whoever got #6 and #7 better than the rest of us.
Bummer.

Chas

Carl@Semroc
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Goonybirds for Grown-ups?

:confused:
#8 guys. Mom loves me best. ;)

Carl, are you talking SLS Goonies with 29mm mtr mounts?

Buzz
I never liked the Goonies before with the 13mm mount. They seemed to be underpowered and I did not like the themes that much. Since Bill sent me the drawings of the original concepts, I do like them, but in slightly larger format. Using ST-18 gives a 115% upscale that works better with 18mm engines.

Since they "grew", I have been calling them Groonies; Sheryl has been calling them "Grownies" since the themes are more "grownup." :)

Eagle3
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
I never liked the Goonies before with the 13mm mount. They seemed to be underpowered and I did not like the themes that much. Since Bill sent me the drawings of the original concepts, I do like them, but in slightly larger format. Using ST-18 gives a 115% upscale that works better with 18mm engines.

Since they "grew", I have been calling them Groonies; Sheryl has been calling them "Grownies" since the themes are more "grownup." :)

To be honest, I never cared for the Goonie Birds with the exception of the Sky Shriek. I thought that one was OK style-wise. They're nitch kits that just didn't appeal to me though I'm fully aware they have a large following. I think Phred's Goonie versions of classic kits are better novelty rockets than the original Goons.

Will these be SLS versions of the classic Goonies or Semroc Originals?

Eagle3
11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Buzz buzzed in to taunt:

"#8 guys. Mom loves me best. "

Actually, it seems that Sheryl loves whoever got #6 and #7 better than the rest of us.
Bummer.

Chas

Knowing there are two people out there refreshing the "New Kits' list more is kinda scary. :p

Carl@Semroc
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Knowing there are two people out there refreshing the "New Kits' list more is kinda scary. :p#6 is for Lee Piester and #7 was Scott. HE watches it closely! Sometimes I think he is watching me type!

Carl@Semroc
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Will these be SLS versions of the classic Goonies or Semroc Originals?They will not be SLS, just slightly bigger. I would hate to try an F in one!

The first four are based on the originals (Saki, Rooskie, etc.) I have an F-14 version. These are more military in concept. They will not be like the Estes released Goonies or Phred's style.

Eagle3
11-08-2007, 11:34 AM
#6 is for Lee Piester and #7 was Scott. HE watches it closely! Sometimes I think he is watching me type!

Better check your computer for spyware. ;)

They will not be SLS, just slightly bigger. I would hate to try an F in one!

The first four are based on the originals (Saki, Rooskie, etc.) I have an F-14 version. These are more military in concept. They will not be like the Estes released Goonies or Phred's style.

Sounds cool, especially the TomKitty. :D

Buzz

ghrocketman
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Carl,
Are these going to be 18mm or 24mm powered ?

Chas Russell
11-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Carl commented:

"#6 is for Lee Piester"

Excellant! What a great idea to present the kit to Lee. I was amused to see that in Launch magazine's latest issue they reran the picture of Lee signing my Semroc Hustler model last year at NARAM. He and Bety are good people. I hope that they make NARAM-50 next year with the Estes.

Chas

foose4string
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Great idea. I can only echo what Buzz just said. I was never a big fan of the Goonies. But, with reproducing the original concept drawings, upgrading the motors, it is an awesome idea, with much more (current) mass appeal. I think you've got a winner here.

Are the Groonie Grownies going to be next? Or the "Thunder" birds? or the Omega/Cineroc? Can't wait. :)

Ltvscout
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
#6 is for Lee Piester and #7 was Scott. HE watches it closely! Sometimes I think he is watching me type!
Hehe. Big brother is watching!

Thanks, Carl. I'm sure Lee will love getting the kit.

snaquin
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Sounds really cool Carl. Can't wait to see those!

Gus
11-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Great ideal Carl.

That was one of the most interesting threads to have appeared on this forum. Reserve me a whole set. :)

snaquin
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
They will not be SLS, just slightly bigger. I would hate to try an F in one!

Carl,

I noticed the name and specs are now showing for the KA-12 Saki rocket on the Semroc site ..... any estimation on when the Saki kit will be released?

KA-12 Saki Rocket (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KA-12)

Thanks!

:)

Initiator001
11-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Carl,

I noticed the name and specs are now showing for the KA-12 Saki rocket on the Semroc site ..... any estimation on when the Saki kit will be released?

KA-12 Saki Rocket (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KA-12)

Thanks!

:)

Thank goodness!

I was worried there would be no new Semroc kits to buy for Christmas and I would end up buying more socks for myself! :rolleyes:

Bob

johnnwwa
11-27-2007, 06:10 PM

I have mine in hand, production #19 very nice kit. :)

BAR
John

foose4string
12-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Is this kit officially out? I made mention of it on another forum, but Scott gave me the impression it's not available to everyone yet. I know it wasn't announced, but I thought it was available. I'm not signed into my Semroc account and it still appears with the rest of the kits, so I thought it was available to everyone. I really hope I didn't screw up. My sincerest apologies if I let the cat out of the bag. :( :o :confused:

Ltvscout
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Is this kit officially out? I made mention of it on another forum, but Scott gave me the impression it's not available to everyone yet. I know it wasn't announced, but I thought it was available. I'm not signed into my Semroc account and it still appears with the rest of the kits, so I thought it was available to everyone. I really hope I didn't screw up. My sincerest apologies if I let the cat out of the bag. :( :o :confused:
It is available, just not publicly announced. I believe Carl was going to save the public announcement till their other releases are ready.