PDA

View Full Version : Pearl River convention kits / plans ?

Green Dragon
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Was looking over some kits tonight ( Jim Flis' included, which some were Pearl River seminar kits ) .

Got me wondering if any of the other plans were around ( Jim ?? )

Specifically, I have photos but no plans for the Kum-E-Part rocket, circa 1985 or 1986 ( the two , iirc, we attended, not sure when the last conventions were hedl ) .

Anyone have one of these birds ?

( my bro's was lost in a swamp, not sure where mine got to, might've made contest birds out of it :( )

~ AL

Shreadvector
10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
i typed a long response and then hit something that sent me "back" and all was lost. my favorite was a howard Kuhn design fromt he late 1970's I have no plans or deatils other than it was an ejecting internal pod boost glider with airliner like wings.

Rocket Doctor
11-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Was looking over some kits tonight ( Jim Flis' included, which some were Pearl River seminar kits ) .

Got me wondering if any of the other plans were around ( Jim ?? )

Specifically, I have photos but no plans for the Kum-E-Part rocket, circa 1985 or 1986 ( the two , iirc, we attended, not sure when the last conventions were hedl ) .

Anyone have one of these birds ?

( my bro's was lost in a swamp, not sure where mine got to, might've made contest birds out of it :( )

~ AL

I was to the early Pearl River Conventions going back to the early 1970"s. Several of my 4 H club members attended.

The good old days of the hobby, just like the Pittsburg Spring Convention from that time period as well, remember Jay Apt and Elaine Sadowski???