PDA

View Full Version : GSSS Launch Sat Nov 24th

Rocket Doctor
11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
GSSS , New Jersey is planning a lunch at North Branch Park, Milltown Rd, on Saturday November 24th from 10am to 3 pm, WEATHER PERMITTING

The weather is supposed to be cool and clear, temp supposed to be 44 degrees.
So, bundle up and join them, last month the launch was cancelled due to rain.

The RD might be there ???????

mrhemi1971
11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Doc, you from Jersey?

Rocket Doctor
11-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Doc, you from Jersey?

Yes........

Tom Swift
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Were you there Doc? I don't know many folks in the club by name, just as familiar faces. I wrote up a mini launch report on TRF here (http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=41253) .

- Tom

Rocket Doctor
11-27-2007, 05:02 AM
I've only been to two launches so far, the June launch and the Sept launch, if you were there in Sept, I was handing out kits and my nephew was waliking around with my Alien prototype rocket, I was parked directly across from the launch pad.

Just alittle too cold for this past launch.

Tom

Why didn't you post your report here? An upgraded Skywriter? That was one of my designs. I don't know how a Dec launch would be, only if it would warm up like last Jan, when it was 70 degrees here.

Will you be at NARAM next year?
Lokking forward to meeting you in the near future.
RD

Tom Swift
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I've only been to two launches so far, the June launch and the Sept launch, if you were there in Sept, I was handing out kits and my nephew was walking around with my Alien prototype rocket, I was parked directly across from the launch pad.

Not sure if I was at the June launch. Missed the September one. Would love to see your Alien prototype.

Why didn't you post your report here?

I had posted an event thread on TRF, so it made sense to follow it up and post the results there too. I participate in and enjoy both forums.

An upgraded Skywriter? That was one of my designs.

You made a sweet rocket! The second stage thing was a happy accident. My second build as a BAR was the Skywriter. It has 2 body tubes connected with a coupler. I applied wood glue into one tube and shoved in the coupler. It wouldn't budge, then went in up to the hilt, and the wood glue immediately seized. Bought a second Skywriter and used the base of the first as a second stage. Lengthened it some with the left over BT to keep the CG up. I'll attach a photo later.

I don't know how a Dec launch would be, only if it would warm up like last Jan, when it was 70 degrees here.
Will you be at NARAM next year?
Looking forward to meeting you in the near future.

70 degrees, huh? Guess I won't be seeing you until June then. :)

Rocket Doctor
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I've been to the Pittsbvurgh Spring Convention in the early 70's, bone chilling cold, we launched in very cold weather, not my thing right now.

I'm just saying, this past January, as you probably know, the temp was 70 degrees.

It seems that the GSSS launches get rained out, so when the weather is 50 degrees or warmer, I'll try to be there.

Have your also flown my others? Baby Bertha, Screaminin MiMi, Deluxe Super Shot Screw Machne, Converter, 36 D Squared and you have flown the Skywriter.

Tom Swift
11-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Have your also flown my others? Baby Bertha, Screaminin MiMi, Deluxe Super Shot Screw Machne, Converter, 36 D Squared and you have flown the Skywriter.
Here's a pic of the 2 stage Skywriter next to a standard one. I chose a different color scheme for the 2 stager, hope you don't mind. :)

I don't yet have any of your other kits, but a Baby Bertha or two will be part of my next purchase.

Rocket Doctor
11-28-2007, 10:46 PM
A stretch Skywriter, like a stretch limo !!

The Deluxe Super Shot Screw Machine and the Screamin MiMi have been discontinued.